Raytheon Technologies Principal Systems Engineer in Aberdeen, Maryland
Raytheon Intelligence & Space ICS product line is growing! We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Principal Test Engineer to join our diverse team supporting Interrogation Friend or Foe (IFF) Test activities in Aberdeen, MD.
The Test Automation Department (TAD) is responsible for the design and development of test equipment hardware and software to support a wide range of products and customers. The Aberdeen Proving Grounds Test section within TAD is a growing and highly motivated team who consistently provides quality on-time solutions to support external and internal customers seeking innovative and economical solutions for their product lines.
Primary responsibilities for the Principal Engineer will act as the primary point of contact for all technical needs for the IFF test equipment across product lines.
This includes support of the hardware design for new test equipment as well as upgrades to existing architects, coordination with systems engineering to develop/document test requirements, plans and procedures, and Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) to drive development team to implement, fabricate and test the equipment.
The Principal Engineer will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions (IPDS and One-page processes) while working closely with program and functional supervision to ensure the overall program needs are met.
Additionally, the Principal Engineer will ensure all work implemented is reported to the Chief Engineer and Program IPT Lead for inclusion in management level meetings.
• Minimum 8 years of test engineering development including circuit design, analysis, test hardware and software knowledge
• Experience with schematic capture, circuit simulation, and analysis tools
• Experience using test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, DIOs, Relays, Generators, etc.
• Project estimation (budget and schedule) using government approved Earned Value Management System
• Familiarity with National Instruments product lines, both hardware (PXIe card) and software development
• Familiar with analog, digital, and/or RF signal test and analysis
• Experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
• Up to 10% travel may be required
• Experience with Configuration Management principles, environments, and tools
• MUST be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within one year of hire date; Active Secret clearance is preferred.
• Experience prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a production environment, developing solutions under general direction, and demonstrating excellent troubleshooting skills
• Ability to translate requirements into cost effective and creative solutions
• Sense of process discipline, order, and attention to detail
• Work with limited supervision and meet commitments for assigned schedule, financial, and technical goals
• Professional engineering experience working within a team environment
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with distributed teams across multiple sites
• Experience working and communicating with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
Bachelor's degree in a related STEM discipline; BS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
BS and 8 years of experience, MS and 6 years of experience, or PhD and 4 years of experience.
This position requires a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.