Adams Communication & Engineering Technology ACES Systems Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a ACES Systems Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
This Project is for the performance of providing production and post deployment system support to include; systems engineering, software maintenance and upgrades, testing, integration, training and technical manual development, and technical support for Project Lead Network Enablers (PL Net E) legacy and new software components.
Perform as Senior system engineer for ACES. Responsible for building, branches, CM, maintaining equipment, and supporting use case development. Also supports UI design. Utilizes C/C++, Java, and C#. Maintains backups and build scripts. Provides supporting documentation updates. Performs engineering analysis, managing, solving and communicating the complexity of interdisciplinary engineering as it relates to the PPDSS/SKL program for both business and technical requirements development and post production deployment support for Army and Joint Systems. Provide system engineering and technical support for legacy COMSEC SKL system software and developmental versions of the various software platforms and COMSEC devices in the portfolio. Supports the preparation, review, training and maintenance of programs and system documentation. Provide systems engineering, analysis and technical support to develop technical approaches, define and design architectures and provide support to ongoing COMSEC programs and fielded systems.
Provide for system analysis and control support including COMSEC trade off studies, architectures and system concepts/configurations. Provide written evaluations of COMSEC system concepts and system designs. Supports the preparation, review, training and maintenance of programs and system documentation. Support CONUS experiments, events and demonstrations. Provide systems engineering, technical and operator support, technical coordination, requirements management, and planning for conference attendance up to 1 time per year. Generate documentation to support the exercises, experiments, events and demonstrations.
10 years of progressively complex experience in testing of complex mechanical, electromechanical and electrical/electronic systems
BA/BS Degree; 10 years of experience may be substituted for education
- Must have and maintain active Secret clearance
- Expert ACES and Cryptographic systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of AR 25-2, Information Assurance Best Business Practice (IA-BBP) Information Assurance Training and Certification, Version 5 (or latest version)
- Experience with configuration management and maintenance of software and hardware products to include interfacing with NSA
- Experience with firmware development, hardware driver development, and Operating System (OS) development
- Experience working with numerous DoD key management directives and regulations
- Experience with C/C++, Java, and C#
Experience with spectrum of Systems Engineering, Systems Architecture, and Network Engineering in support of Army C5ISR and Army infrastructure and networks
Experience in DoD/Federal Government Support sector (systems engineering, systems architecture, network engineering, or Army Architecture development)
- Experience with software, firmware and, hardware driver development, and Operating System (OS) development.
- Progressively complex experience in computer simulation, client-server architectures, advanced networking techniques and protocols, data bases, high-order programming languages, and SKL systems operating systems
- Experience participating in Army program reviews, assisting in the review and development of ECP/Engineering change orders, and assist with the analysis of technical / cost / production cut-in tradeoff issues and fielding requirements
- Experience with supporting meetings, working groups, and briefings to include development and maintenance of action item tracking system for Technical Reviews, Quarterly Reviews, Technical Tests, Initial Operational Test and Evaluation recommendations
- Systems engineering with SKL (Simple Key Loader) NSA/ Army approved Tier 3 device
- OS development, mobile OS, WinCE OS, object-oriented programming languages, C++, Java, and C#,IEEE coding standards, ANSI C++ standards and MS Visual Studio 2008 C++ Standards
- Knowledge of systems engineering documentation required for each phase of the development process
- Knowledge of cryptographic key loading processes and procedure
- Experience working with numerous DoD end cryptographic units (ECU)
- Ability to understand how the SKL would need to communicate with a new ECU or radio
- Ability to manage and oversea different branches and trunks within a software
- development process
- Knowledge of the COMSEC processes and policies
- Knowledge of NSA processes and policies
- All candidates must be US Citizen to apply
Experience or knowledge of the following Technologies Desired:
- ANCYZ24 Encryption-decryption Equipment
- AN/PRC-117G Multiband Manpack datasheet
- AN/PRC-152A Type 1 Wideband Networking Handheld Radio
- APX-118 Common transponders
- L3Harris SINCGARS RT-1523 VHF Radio
- CONTROL, RECEIVER-TRANSMITTER (RCU) (C-11561
- Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR)
*Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award*
*ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Clearance Level Required: Secret
# of Openings: 2
Travel Required: Yes as required by customer