The Logistics Company Automotive Mission Support Manager (ATSS) in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Automotive Mission Support Manager
Must be a US citizen
This position is contingent upon contract award
TLC is looking for an onsite Automotive Mission Support Manager to support or Customer with the overall management of the Automotive Mission Support program. The Aberdeen Test Center (ATC) supports our Nation’s Warfighter by providing the most flexible, responsive, innovative and diverse set of test capabilities, assets and services throughout the Army. These include planning, conducting, analyzing, and reporting the results of developmental tests, production tests, and other tests to include providing test and test support services for authorized customers. Within the Department of Defense (DoD) and outside DOD, including government and non-government organizations, domestic and foreign in the support of the warfighter.
- Shall work with ATC’s leadership, including Division and Branch Chiefs, on a daily basis to manage the cost, schedule and performance of the contract.
- Manages the overall technical activities of a large contractor branch/division of engineers and technicians assigned to perform support services related to automotive test and evaluation at Aberdeen Proving Ground ATC.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and application of personnel and equipment resources to meet customer test activities.
- Assess test plans in terms of resource and workload allocations, resolve conflicts, updating milestone schedules, and ensuring adequate and timely test support is available.
- Assess projected workloads, compare to available resources in terms of numbers and available skills, and confer with Army ATC personnel on issues and need to supplement resources.
- Assesses the capabilities of the workforce and recommends specific training to continuously improve performance and keep pace with evolving technologies.
- Ensures adherence and compliance with Army, APG, ATC regulations and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Secret security clearance.
- Must have 10 years of applicable experience; or must have a Bachelor's Degree and 7 years applicable experience; or a Master's Degree and 5 years applicable experience.
- Shall have 3 years of experience managing 50 or more people in an engineering or scientific field.
- Shall have 3 years of relevant technical expertise in areas being managed.
- ASE certification is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and software i.e. Microsoft office
- Contractor personnel must meet the physical requirements to perform the function(s) and task(s) required, including but not limited to work in conditions of extreme heat and cold, high humidity, blowing sand and dust.
- Working in confided spaces and heights.
- Walking distance over unimproved terrain while wearing personal protective equipment.
- Some travel both CONUS and OCONUS may be required in support of the mission.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Requisition Code: 20-APG-017
Open Date: 10/6/2020
Work Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD)