UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Engineering Technician I (with possible steps) in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Tracking Code ARAT-20-1402-F
Job Code 20-1402
Posting Title Engineering Technician I (with possible steps)
Post Date 9/3/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Pay Rate $22.92
City Aberdeen Proving Ground
Description Engineering Technician I (with possible steps) (ARAT-20-1402-F):
Bowhead has an immediate opportunity for an Engineering Technician I, with possible steps, to support the Army Research Lab on Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG). This position will provide support at the Energetic Processing and Testing Facilities.
Under close supervision, provides technical support for engineers. Assembles, tests, and modifies experimental and/or operational electrical machinery, electrical control equipment, electrical circuitry and components according to engineering specifications. Specifically:
• Performs maintenance, upgrade and assembly of specialized analog and digital electronics associated with ballistic testing, including but not limited to, spark range electronics and test hardware/software. Is expected to be a subject matter expert in both legacy analog and current digital electronics. Performs a range of assignments that requires largely independent work with only general instructions on the objectives and expected outcomes of various assignments.
• Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts; may service or repair simple instruments or equipment.
• Conducts a variety of tests using established methods. Prepares test specimens, adjusts and operates equipment, and records test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
• Performs as an energetics processing technician. Under close supervision conducts a variety of analysis and processing tasks on existing conventional and experimental explosives, propellants, energetic materials and associated facilities, equipment and materials.
• Prepares molds, warheads and associated fixtures for processing operations.
• Prepares and operates energetics processing equipment including but not limited to melt kettles, vertical high shear mixers, horizontal mixers, presses, ovens, vacuum ovens, energetics lathes, milling machines and saws, for and during energetic material processing operations.
• Conducts energetics processing operations including melt casting of explosives, cast/cure explosive processing, propellant processing and extrusion, explosive pressing and energetics machining and sawing.
• Operates remote monitoring camera equipment monitors controllers and recorders.
• Maintains, installs and makes minor repairs to standard and experimental energetics processing and machining equipment.
• Performs explosive sensitivity testing using drop hammer, friction and spark testers.
• Disassembles molds, warheads and associated fixtures.
• Uses calipers, micrometers, depth gages, balances and scales to take physical measurements on charges, motors and warheads, records and documents accordingly.
• Compiles and records quality assurance quality control data and documents and reports accordingly.
• Uses hand calculators to derive physical properties such as density and porosity, records and documents accordingly using Windows based personal computers.
• Handles hazardous materials, propellants, high explosives and associated materials in accordance with Army regulations and guidelines.
• Prepares hazardous waste for disposal and in accordance with existing guidelines and regulations.
Requirements • Possesses a working knowledge of machining skills.
• Must be or be able to attain a Certified P-IV Processor certification.
• Must possess or attain a CDL license for transportation of ammunition and explosives.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level (possessing an active Secret clearance preferred). US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)