Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Field Service Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Tracking Code PNT-20-1842-W
Job Code 20-1842
Posting Title Field Service Engineer
Post Date 12/21/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 50%
City Aberdeen Proving Ground
Description Field Service Engineer - Senior (PNT-20-1842-W):
Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance to be considered for this opportunity.
Bowhead seeks a Field Service Engineer - Senior to support the PM PNT contract in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. PM PNT contract provides logistic support for the entire portfolio, which includes but is not limited to, Mounted Assured Positioning, Navigation and Timing System (MAPS), Dismounted Assured Positioning, Navigation and Timing System (DAPS), Resiliency and Software Assurance Measures (RSAM) program, and Positioning, Navigation and Timing Modernization (PNT Mod). The Field Service Engineer - Senior performs professional work in research, development, design, testing, analysis, production, construction, maintenance, operation, planning, estimating, or standardization of facilities, systems, structures, processes, equipment, devices, or materials, requiring knowledge of the art and science of engineering.
Other duties to include:
• Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance.
• Analyzes/develops system requirements; develops specifications, solutions and alternatives as part of engineering studies; and assesses risks and costs to satisfy those requirements.
• Formulates preliminary designs, performs tests, takes measurements, or performing system analyses of simulations.
• Applies reverse engineering and reengineering disciplines to develop production planning and manufacturing documents.
• Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts and translates detailed design into prototype or pre-production hardware/software.
• Prepares schematics, layouts, and diagrams; develops design solutions, and prepares relevant procurement and design documentation.
• Implements performance and technical standards and conducts appropriate tests to assess, debug and validate system performance.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Requirements • BS/BA in engineering, math, business or physical science or specific experience in logistics management, materiel management, supply chain management, HAZMAT handling and disposal, dimensional stacking, forecasting, economics, spares modeling. An MS/MA in engineering, math, business or physical science will substitute for two years of the engineering analyst experience requirements.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in engineering as it relates to: concept, requirements analysis, trade studies, design, rapid prototyping, manufacturing processes, systems engineering and integration, production engineering, industrial and project management, system maintenance, quality assurance, test and evaluation, software development/integration, field engineering, and logistics/sustainment.
• General experience includes knowledge and application of engineering tools/techniques throughout the life cycle, and skills in interfacing software with imbedded and non-imbedded hardware systems.
• Additional experience includes the application of automated design tools to create and model system designs and processes, development of models, conduct of simulations, and performance of hardware/software assessments.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*0AF8B713CE6C8B74
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)