Adams Communication & Engineering Technology Journeyman Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a Journeyman Engineer for an upcoming contract in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
The Journeyman Engineer – Intermediate responsibilities may include some of the following:
Provide support in the development and execution of engineering Product Data Management (PDM) efforts for systems to include planning and executing for the review, storage, access to, use of and Configuration Control (CC) of program; engineering and test and product manufacturing support data in enterprise PDM (ePDM). Conduct enterprise data synchronizations with Global Combat Support System – Army (GCSS-A) and Logistics Management Program (LMP).
Provide support in the development and execution of the C5ISR systems Configuration Management (CM) process in support of the assigned customer, which includes the staffing and review of Configuration Control Documents (CCDs) (e.g., Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and Request for Variances (RFVs) covering Deviation and Waiver that do NOT adversely impact the weapon system from meeting its Form, Fit, Function and Interface (F3I) Characteristics.
Provide support in the planning, development, and execution of the PDM storage (i.e., repository) of engineering data acquired during the program (e.g., CCDs and test data, various technical reports & analyses, DMSMS data, contract technical certifications, etc.), to include related synchronization with LMP and GCSS-A.
Provide support in the development and execution of systems Engineering Bill of Material (EBOM) and synchronization, to include synchronization with the Organic Depot Repair BOM (RBOM) and Provisioning BOM (PBOM).
Provide support in the development and execution of the systems engineering data requirements needed to manage and mitigate weapon systems programs’ DMSMS risks, which includes the data needed to manage the development and execution of technical-refresh, technology insertion, and/or product improvement plans and the use of available DMSMS tools for DMSMS case management & mitigation to ensure continuous sustainment support. The storage of this data shall be Part Of (P/O) weapon systems programs’ PDM data plan.
Provide support to the Power Sources Center of Excellence (PSCOE) to include engineering for C-E batteries in support of the PSCOE mission.
Provide engineering support in support of CECOM and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) managed end items. This includes support associated with fielded requirement tasks or special projects that assist in verifying technical data package owners, understanding configuration of systems associated with organizational support, and other daily task(s) relating to product lifecycle management configurations.
Develop CM strategies and processes, participate in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of systems products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the configuration baseline for each system; prepare and deliver briefs; create project and resources schedules; develop requirements outlines, system design specs, test plans, implementation plans, and standard operating procedures.
Coordinate with mission partners in the development of briefings, informational papers, and detailed analysis of performance measures, goals, and assessments.
- BS Engineering degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, any engineering series). 6+ years related experience.
- Must have and maintain active Secret clearance
- CM experience.
- Must be able to provide technical expertise and guidance with systems Technical Data Package (TDP) acquisition.
- Must be able to provide technical expertise and guidance to mission partners on systems Intellectual Property (IP) strategy (documented in the Acquisition Strategy (AS)) and Life Cycle Support Plan (LCSP) as it relates to meeting sustainment objectives.
- Write CM Plans and audit change procedures, perform database development, testing, and prepare documentation to verify compliance with CM plans and procedures.
- Support Standard Operating Procedure development and revisions, and be capable of assisting in integrating current configuration management processes into a configuration management software.
- Support new system introduction, systems user demo/training in PTC’s Windchill (pdmlink, projectlink and potential new add-ons).
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizen to apply
Nice to have:
- Windchill knowledge is desirable but candidate may train on the job
*Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award*
*ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Clearance Level Required: Secret
# of Openings: 1
Travel Required: As required by customer