UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Mobile Crane Operator/ Engineering Tech I in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Tracking Code ARL-21-0044-F
Job Code 21-0044
Posting Title Mobile Crane Operator/ Engineering Tech I
Post Date 1/13/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Pay Rate $22.92
Travel No Travel Required
City Aberdeen Proving Ground
Description Mobile Crane Operator/ Engineering Tech I (ARAT-21-0044-F):
Bowhead is seeking a candidate to fill a Mobile Crane Operator/ Engineering Tech I (ET I)position supporting the U.S. Army Research Laboratory at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD. This individual has primary responsibility for supporting multiple experimental facilities (EF) for the Explosives Effects Branch. Mobile crane experience/certification is a plus. This position has great potential for career advancement and significant training and certification is available.
In this position, the candidate performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations. Follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments; technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may also be reviewed in progress.
The selected candidate should be:
• Experienced/certified crane operator (mobile crane a plus) and proficient operating a wide variety of heavy equipment.
• Well versed in DC and AC electric, capable of basic wiring.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Assemble or construct simple or standard equipment or parts following specific instructions; may service or repair simple instruments or equipment.
• Help maintain the Facilities by mowing, weed eating, and performing general maintenance, organization, and housekeeping of facility.
• Modify facility as required for specific projects.
• Assist other experimental facilities with crane/heavy equipment requirements.
• Construct components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment. May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
• Conduct a variety of tests using established methods. Prepare test specimens, adjust and operate equipment, and record test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
• Extract engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources; process the data following well-defined methods including elementary algebra and geometry; present the data in prescribed form.
• Check drawings provided by engineers and scientists to determine the adequacy of the drawings for target construction and successful completion of the associated test.
• Operate standard test equipment; x-rays, high speed and still cameras, hardness testers, digitizers, etc.
• Perform non-routine and complex assignments involving the reduction of instrumentation data that documents the results of ballistic experiments; digitizing x-rays, high sped imagery manipulation, etc.
The individual must be:
• Willing to get Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Trained for hazardous operations.
• Become certified by Health Physics to operate a Nuclear Densomiter Gauge, measuring soil density and moisture content for buried experiments.
• Become Certified Ammo Handler.
Must follow all applicable safety rules and SOPs.
Must maintain certification to operate Government and Team Bowhead Equipment and Vehicles
Requirements • Experienced/certified crane operator (mobile crane a plus) and proficient operating a wide variety of heavy equipment.
• Motivated, self-starting, interested in learning, and shows initiative.
• Well versed in DC and AC electric, capable of basic wiring.
• Proficient with power hand tools such as drills, saws, and nail guns.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level (possessing an active Secret clearance preferred). US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)