Sabre Systems, Inc. Software Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Sabre Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to support cyber security Research and Development (R&D) at Aberdeen, MD. The successful candidates will be a key member of a high-performing DoD engineering team.
The Software Engineer will:
• Work independently and with a small team to conduct source code review to identify vulnerabilities of emerging cyber security tools and equipment
• Address software capabilities through documentation review
• Design, develop, evaluate, and maintain software design documentation as needed
• Coordinate with the Engineering and Test teams, through a variety of processes to ensure that software meets Army requirements
• Provide troubleshooting expertise and drive resolution for all issues in Developer and Test environments, and other environments on an as-needed basis
• Support team relationships and coordinate work efforts across various locations
• Be required to travel from Aberdeen, MD to Ft. Meade, MD on a regular basis
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
• Eight (8) years’ experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree for exceptional candidates
• Five (5) years of software development or evaluation experience in a variety of software languages with a focus on C/C++ required, Java/Assembly preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of the latest security measures at all stages of an information system life cycle
• Familiar with use and interpretation of Static Source Code Analysis tools to identify potential bugs and vulnerabilities
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong organizational skills, understanding of process development and execution, and execution to a schedule
• Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance
• Must be a US Citizen
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
External Company Name: www.sabresystems.com