Nyla Technology Solutions System Engineer 2 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
SYSTEMS ENGINEER 2 - Annapolis Junction, MD
Nyla Technology Solutions is a women-owned small business with a bold approach and forward-thinking vision. Headquartered in the heart of Baltimore, Nyla delivers exceptional software systems engineering services for the U.S. Government. Our customers like how we tackle their toughest problems., and so Nyla is adding people who have a passion for doing fun, impactful work. If you are a person who welcomes opportunities to apply your skills in new ways, Nyla has challenges for you. We seek out people with agile, diverse mindsets who are looking for a place to grow?professionally and personally. We create opportunities for you to share your knowledge and experience with the Team, and learn from others via training, mentoring, and movement across the many contracts Nyla supports. Nyla endeavors to give back to our community?lending our energy and talents to support local area organizations helping people in need. At Nyla, you will have place to grow, get, and give where you are passionate.
How We Show Up Every Day
Team Nyla shows up every day with the intention to be awesome?proactively work to accurately interpret and fully understand our client?s challenges and add your value to solving those challenges. Knowing the mission, context and end-users is how we deliver optimal, creative, and innovative technological solutions. We design our systems with precision, logic, and adaptability, solving the technical and engineering needs of today with an eye on scaling for tomorrow. We endeavor to meet the highest standards of personal conduct and act as a trusted-provider for our clients--this is how we develop and maintain our enduring relationships with customers and business partners.
We are pursuing individual(s) for the position of a Systems Engineer. Below is the position overview, the experience needs, and technical qualifications. If the position sounds like a good fit, and you have a track record of delivering solid.
Ready to be part of a cutting edge growing Cyber Security project that will make a huge impact on the DOD/Intel community? This exciting role includes performing traditional System Engineering and Vulnerability research with a focus on OCO (Offensive Cyber Operations) and DCO (Defensive Cyber Operations) activities. Support assessments of large scale weapons systems and other national security operations!
Work will be performed in Annapolis Junction and Linthicum, MD area. TS/SCI with Poly required.
· The System Engineer shall have minimum of eight  years of experience in one  or more of the following (education and technical certification substitute for a total of six  years only [Relevant Degrees: Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems. Relevant Certification: DAWIA Level 2 SPRD&E - any specialty])
· System Engineering of secure command, control, communications and intelligence (C3I systems)
· Analyzing needs, deriving system level requirements, and contributing to the design, development, and implementation and maintenance of computer networks and systems
· Microelectronics Engineering, integrated circuit design and integrated circuit reverse engineering skills
· Without any regard to the LCAT Substitutes, the System Engineer level 2 shall have at least 2 years experience as a system engineer to include leading and collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system engineering tasks
Desired Additional Skills
· Familiarity with NIST SP 800-160 systems security engineering considerations for systems engineering
· Familiarity with INCOSE defined lifecycle systems engineering processes Proven ability to work independently to learn new technologies, techniques, processes, languages, platforms, systems
· Experience defining a system of systems architecture
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to foster relationship development
· Experience with independent verification & validation of security requirements and capabilities
· Familiarity with weapons system development, sustainment, and security operations
· Knowledge of reliability and/or safety engineering methods
· Experience incorporating systems resiliency and security engineering concepts into acquisition documents (e.g., Performance Work Statements)
· Experience in technical evaluations of contractor proposals for systems resiliency, security, and cyber security considerations
· Familiarity with embedded systems and RF concept
· Familiarity with space-based systems and/or space support ground systems
· Familiarity with DoD tactical networking
· Experience with Systems Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA) or similar process
· Knowledge of hardware, software, supply chain, systems vulnerabilities, anti-tamper and exploitation approaches
· Experience in vulnerability discovery, and analysis tools, fuzzing tools, and dynamic system analysis
Progress Through Our People
Nyla?s culture is built on the understanding that together, with our collective energy, talent, and fierce determination, we never stop believing and building the impossible. We are life-long learners, ever-curious and not afraid to dream. To learn more about Nyla?s culture and exceptionalism, check out our Culture Deck here.
If you have the unique experience and expertise we are seeking, along with the desire and determination to invest your time and energy as a part of Nyla?s Team, we will provide you with a first-class compensation package along with our uniquely Nyla benefits.
We Have the Total Package | Healthy Lifestyle, Learning, Health and Wellness, Financial Wellness, Financial Protection From the start, Nyla is different. We never embraced the idea of a workplace and policies stuck in the industrial age--we treat our employees valued contributors, not commodities. At Nyla, we strive to understand the needs of our workforce and are committed to continuously evolving practices and policies, making adjustments that meaningfully address the changing needs and desires of our workforce.
At Nyla we talk about employee investment, not employee costs?a small way we outwardly provide our great people with benefits that cover your overall well-being. Nyla offers group benefits, 100% paid by Nyla, that include CareFirst medical, dental, and vision coverage. To support your personal goals for overall well-being and health, we provide a healthy living and fitness benefit of up to $500.00 per anniversary year. We believe that an ongoing investment in your professional learning and development is a cornerstone to our success, so we go all-in and provide up to $5,000 per anniversary year to support your growth. Tuition assistance of up to $5,250 per year. We want to protect you and your future?Nyla provides, at no cost to you, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance. And, to augment your financial beyond today?s salary, Nyla offers up to 10% employer contribution/match in our retirement plan. Lastly, we understand the importance of recharging and replenishing yourself, so we provide new employees with 4 weeks of Paid Annual Leave and 10 holidays, plus each year you are with the company, you get an extra day off.
To learn more about our exceptional benefit packages click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer--but we are more than that ? We are open-minded, and care only about your capability, your drive, and your desire and determination to contribute your gifts and talents fully.