CS2 System Engineer - NetBackup with SAN & NetApp Infrastructure in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
CS2 Consulting is a small IT contractor headquartered in Hanover, MD that provides high level solutions to Federal Government customers and are always looking for high quality professionals to join our team. We provide competitive benefits and compensation packages including 8% 401(k) match, 160hrs PTO, tuition assistance, professional development/career road-mapping, and pet insurance.
Position Title: System Engineer – NetApp & NetBackup
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Salary Range: Open
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, this position is responsible for the sustainment to include the identification and fixing of problems within existing systems, with the primary focus on NetApp and NetBackup support. The engineer will have a good background in the areas of backup/recovery, archival systems, disk arrays, virtual storage devices, and storage resource management software.
• Corporate backup and recovery, along with maintenance of backup infrastructure
• Sustain and support Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Network (SAN), and disk storage arrays.
• Monitor day-to-day operational backups
• Troubleshoot failures and correct problems
• Performance monitoring and application tuning
• Plan and coordinate application updates
• Strong background with NetApp filers, NetApp Clusters, and the Data ONTAP operating system.
• Strong experience with corporate backup and recovery, using NetBackup, (Preferably with shared storage option and multiple media servers) - including upgrading and installing new servers. Includes Symantec OpsCenter (Reporting for NetBackup)
• Experience in maintaining a backup infrastructure, to include tuning and troubleshooting NetBackup systems.
• Experience with Installation and configuration of backup clients, media servers, and SAN clients, along with an ability to perform upgrades, configuration management, and management of SAN devices. This includes experience with Fibre Channel tape units (particularly ACS units from StorageTek) and high-volume tape libraries.
• Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
• Must be available for on-call support
Education & Related Experience:
• Either a Doctorate plus 1 year , OR Master's plus 3 years, OR Bachelor's plus 5 years, OR Associate's plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years is required
• One of the following DoD approved certifications: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP