Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer (Skill Level 3) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in our Annapolis, Junction, MD office. The Systems Engineer analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have excellent benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity with demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts.
- Experience developing systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Experience managing system requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s)
- Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment that support product life cycle and generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related subject area from an accredited college or university is required.
- Technical, hands on systems engineer experience with Python, Go, Maven, Git and System Administrator skills experience for a DevOps type position is a plus.
- Experience allocating real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as crucial to system operations effectiveness
- Experience in establishing and gaining approval of a system definition or component definition under development including requirements, designs, interfaces, and test procedures, and maintenance
- Knowledge of defining the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements
- Experience developing derived requirements for Information Assurance, Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms, and Security Mechanism Technology
- Experience providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems
- Experience implementing operational view, technical standards' view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standard
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.