Wolters Kluwer Product Management, Associate Director in Annapolis, Maryland
Responsible for overall product management, strategic vision and focus, product financial indicator and execution of growth plans for a significant product or service. This position works without under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives with assignments being self-initiated and self-directed. Will Lead product management, strategic vision and focus, and execution of growth plans for a product, product family or segment. Effectively manages various aspects of the line of business in support of the organization’s goals and market needs which may include marketing strategies, marketing programs and tools, competitive analyses, market assessment, and product planning.
• Generate viable new product and service concepts/ideas which support the business strategy and market position goals of the assigned CT product areas by staying abreast of corporate and division strategy and mission to identify opportunities which support Wolters Kluwer’s goals.
• Develop a business case for each approved new product concept by describing the concept and how it will be used by customers in comprehensive terms.
• Facilitate approved product development efforts through the definition, development, testing and pre-launch phases to create prototypes and functional specifications and requirements for the product/service.
• Ensure successful product launch by securing necessary marketing resources to build the initial go-to-market promotions.
• Direct all product management responsibilities throughout a product’s lifecycle, from the launch and introduction stage, through the growth and maturity stages, and as the product reaches saturation and the decline stage.
• Conduct ongoing in-depth research and analysis on each assigned product to gain an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses and competitive advantages of each product.
• Perform in-depth customer and market research to deeply understand customer needs related to their specific jobs and workflows.
• Advise the overall product strategy for business unit by staying informed of market trends, customer needs and competitor actions to create the relevant product strategy.
Participate in cross functional initiatives and Proactively pursue professional development activities.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related field, OR equivalent work experience
• Minimum 7 years of related experience
• Preferred Experience: 9 years of business-specific product management experience and/or business-specific marketing experience, including:
• Development and launch of new and existing products and services.
• Experience working with technology enabled services and working within a multi-division organization with various sales channels
• Coordinating cross-functional groups to accomplish product and revenue objectives.
• Pragmatic Marketing level 3 (or equivalent) certification
• Knowledge in tools and process enabling remote connection to internal systems.
• Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking: ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Active Learning: ability to Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Systems and Operations Analysis: ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes; Ability to analyze needs and product requirements for design
• Demonstrated ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.