Under Armour, Inc. Director, Omni Channel in Baltimore, Maryland
Director, Omni Channel
The America's Omnichannel Director is responsible for defining the vision for Under Armour’s Americas Omnichannel ecosystem, overseeing quantitative and qualitative analyses and strategy development. Key responsibilities include defining omnichannel program strategy and requirements, developing and scaling new omnichannel initiatives, owning business reporting and analytics, defining cross-functional resource requirements, partnering with and influencing key cross-functional partners, and supporting key business planning processes. You will help deliver a superior omnichannel experience to our DTC consumers while driving business value for Under Armour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Define omnichannel strategy and prioritize initiative expansion and roadmap
Assess trends in the marketplace to provide thought leadership around omnichannel opportunities for Under Armour. Match with business and consumer insights and analysis of Under Armour’s key assets and competitive advantages.
Identify and prioritize key “initiatives” Under Armour should go after in the Omnichannel space. Size business opportunities and tie to overall vision and business plan.
Determine key capabilities, investments and resources needed to support these initiatives. Build multi-year roadmap to support.
Structure presentations and evangelize vision and strategy throughout the organization, partnering with key cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to get alignment and buy-in
Run key business review and business planning processes for the omnichannel program
Build and present executive ready presentations
• Lead cross-functional execution of key prioritized initiatives.
Lead the development, launch, and scale of new and/or expanded omnichannel initiatives (i.e. Buy Online Pickup in Store, Curbside Pickup), partnering with store operations, eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising, Planning, Operations, Finance & IT
Identify leads across organization needed to execute each initiative; develop and captain cross-functional working groups; identifying blockers to success, problem-solving and working to resolve cross-functional challenges. Successful outcome will be enfranchising allies throughout the organization to drive toward common goal
Develop “go-to market” strategy for each initiative; develop phasing, timeline, key milestones etc.
Work with analytics team to identify omnichannel business reporting and support ad hoc or reoccurring data requests from business partners and leadership
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Previous P&L ownership
• Preference for someone with deep expertise leading omnichannel programs at top retailer
• Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
• Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
• Proficiency in Excel, financial modeling, scenario/sensitivity analysis
• Proven ability to build detailed business cases
• Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
• Very deep understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans / business cases
• Able to synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations and compelling stories
• Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to communicate with senior executives
• Demonstrated understanding of retail and consumer-facing businesses
• Able to assess impact of decisions on overall business
• Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
• Able to collaborate effectively using broad range of influence styles to drive desired results
• Problem solver with entrepreneurial spirit and the persistence to get things done
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas and actionable recommendations
• Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to create project plans and manage project activity to the defined plan
• Proficient in Retail and omnichannel fundamentals preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others outside of their direct-reporting lines
• Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues
• "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
• Willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done-done-done, and commitment to challenging the status-quo to make things better
• Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards
Education And / Or Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
• 10+ years of professional work experience, preferably within digital, retail, consumer products, or strategic management consulting
Check Out This Location