VMware Director, Partner and Commercial Acceleration - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Baltimore, Maryland
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-Cloud defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect, and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
VMware is currently seeking a Director to be responsible for leading Partner and Commercial Acceleration and Operations within VMware. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Global Partner Go-To-Market and Acceleration Operations.
•Formulate operational strategy recommendations to the leadership team. Transform findings into actionable recommendations, and work closely with cross-functional teams to execute the recommendations
•Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous goals and formulate strategy for large scale projects with multiple interdependencies
•Drive world-class operating rhythm. Work across all functions to help drive the partner and commercial operating rhythm and push the most critical priorities and initiatives forward through operational excellence.
•Drive change & operational excellence by working closely with cross-functional teams across the commercial teams, channel teams, marketing, digital transformation, operations, IT, and enterprise data teams
•Create organizational scale/leverage. Structure complex, ambiguous, and potentially charged operational / business issues and develop compelling, insightful recommendations and improvements.
•Facilitate and support the annual territory design, planning and quota allocation process for partner and commercial organizations in collaboration with the geographic sales force in accordance with the policies and tools established.
•Mitigate roadblocks and gaps in the system and help implement the right people, process or technology solutions as needed
•Deploy and scale different partner and commercial tools and applications unlocking their power, develop operational flows driving user adoption and measuring performance.
•Provide leadership and guidance around all things data and how to productize data and data services. Establish the Partner and Commercial data strategy and drive governance to improve data quality and build a common data foundation
•Leverage various data sources to share insights into our partner and commercial efforts and success through reporting and analytics
•Drive overall effectiveness of pipeline management, forecasting process, methodology, metrics, review, cadence, tools.
•Trusted advisor to the Partner and Commercial leadership teams providing regular input and feedback to help execute and define GTM operational strategy
· Minimum 12 years of experience in technology consulting services, operations, and business processes.
· Prior experience with partner, alliances, and channel strategies, processes, and technologies.
· Prior experience with commercial and high velocity sales motions, strategies, processes, and technologies.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Well versed in technology, strategy development and implementation
· Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork
· Must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team and foster the development of high performance and diverse teams and interface with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities
· Preferably certifications in either Six Sigma or LEAN Methodologies
· Experience in people management
· Familiar with performance reviews and goal management
· Demonstrates self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
· Good exposure on interviewing and recruitment process leading to team set up and expansion
· Prior experience in forecasting and resource planning is preferred
· Ability to inspire team with a clear vision and purpose
· Experience on task prioritization, Workload and escalation management
· Hands on experience on operational reporting and data analysis
· Working across global teams and understanding of cross culture is preferred
· Travel 25-50% depending on location
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.