Sheppard Pratt Health System Electrician (Towson) in Baltimore, Maryland
As an Electrician you:
- Install, repair, and test Hospital electrical power distribution system, equipment and appliances on the Towson Campus.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Perform preventive maintenance, document electrical performance, and estimate electrical work.
- Are responsible for job site and equipment care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code demonstrated by possession of a Certificate for Journeyman Electrician, and the ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams to calculate power loads - acquired in high school or by a relatively brief period (more than six months but less than one year) of intensive preparation outside of school.
- Comprehensive level of electrical theory, knowledge of installation, testing, repair and maintenance of electrical wiring and equipment, computerized energy management systems - acquired through 2+ years of progressively more responsible electrical experience in a commercial or institutional facility. A general knowledge of mechanical equipment and the proper use of various power tools.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange information with Hospital staff and patients concerning electrical work required.
- Requires very frequent (51-80% of work time) exposure to unpleasant (e.g., electrical shock) conditions.
- Work requires walking to complete errands throughout the building and grounds (21-50% of work time) and performing activities such as reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, talking, and moderate hearing. Requires mid-range vision, depth perception, and field of vision.