Greater Baltimore Medical Center Floor Technician in Baltimore, Maryland
I. JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Under direct supervision, cleans and services hospital building areas, moves furniture, equipment, and supplies in and around per GBMC, departmental, regulatory agency policies, procedures, and standards. Performs a variety of heavy housekeeping duties to maintain Hospital in a sanitary and orderly condition.
· Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
· Ability to work well under time constraints and to work effectively as a team member.
· Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to do considerable walking and standing.
· Ability to do heavy lifting.
· Somewhat undesirable working conditions with some exposure to strong cleaning chemicals, dust and infectious materials.
· Exposure to injury for up to twenty percent of work time.
Conditions of Employment