T. Parker Host Heavy Equipment Maintenance Mechanic in Baltimore, Maryland
Position Description: Maintenance Mechanic
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Company: Host Terminals, LLC
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Location: Host Terminals – Baltimore, MD
Host stevedoring services started in 1925 and have continued to grow ever since. Our teams handle nearly 22M tons of dry bulk annually, along with more than 1,000 vessels, 1,100 yachts, 150 breakbulk vessels, 14,600 rail cars and 8M barrels of liquid bulk and containers. Our terminal operations leverage employee teams that take on unique challenges in diverse environments, while adding value and providing REAL solutions for our customers. As stevedores, Host handles the heavy lifting for our worldwide customer base.
Position Summary: Apply proper troubleshooting, diagnostic and corrective steps in the repair of parts, components and systems within Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar equipment.
The Person: The successful candidate will have the following behaviors and demonstrate the competencies below.
Core Principles: All team members must demonstrate an ability to adhere and understand the core principles of the company. This team member must be able to provide value and depth to the Core Principles of Host.
· Our people are our greatest assets.
· Their safety is our top priority.
· We provide exceptional service.
· We believe every relationship is important.
· We are detectives, understanding all activities within our markets.
· We know today's opportunities are tomorrow's growth.
· We conduct all business with integrity.
· We build on our legacy.
Position Specific Behaviors:
Makes decisions and executes quickly
Honesty and integrity
Adaptable and flexible
Collaborative- works well with others
Excels in high growth, entrepreneurial and meritocratic environment
Comfortable with ambiguity
Strong intellectual curiosity
Thrives in a pressurized work environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful at Host
Executing both short-term plans and long-term plans tied to vision and “big picture” goals
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Perform all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on facility equipment.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
· Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with no supervision.
· Troubleshoot and repair machines correctly the first time to eliminate rework.
· Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
· Make critical adjustments as required to various parts, components and systems.
· Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
· Complete work in a safe and timely manner in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
· Perform routine inspections on assigned equipment and report finding in accordance with policy and procedures.
· Accurately document maintenance inspections and safety related reports.
· Participate in and successfully complete required training and related testing.
· Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
· Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads, available for after-hours calls as needed.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
· Must be able to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications.
· Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form.
· Proficient computer skills and the ability to effectively use company software. (Emaint)
· Advanced mechanical knowledge including electrical, internal combustion engines and hydraulics.
· Advanced knowledge of hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, cranes and rigging equipment.
· Advanced knowledge of computer-based diagnostics including CAT ET, SIS.
· Own tooling up to 3/4" drive.
· Knowledge of use of various heavy equipment including, Caterpillar.
· Able to work all 1st or 2nd shift, overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Ability to attain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
· Successful completion of background check.
· Ability to maintain regular, dependable attendance.
· Physical Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
· The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces.
· Ability to lift to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 130 feet.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
· Ability to work rotating shifts 24/7/365.
· Flexibility to adjust to changing shift work which may require early mornings, nights and weekends.
For more information, please visit www.tparkerhost.com or Apply Online Here