FirstService Residential Maintenance Supervisor in Baltimore, Maryland
FirstService Residential is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for a water front community in the Baltimore, MD Area
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and custodial departments and ensuring that the physical assets of the Associationare properly maintained.In conjunctionwith the Facilities Manger closely monitors, identifies and repairsproblems in every phase of the general maintenance of the Association buildings, recreational amenitiesand the common grounds of the community. Ensures that the areas above are always kept in a neat and acceptable condition. Informs, updates and makes recommendation to the Facilities Manager.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe and secure environmentthrough the buildings and community.
- Supervises trains and directs maintenance and custodial staff.
- Schedules and assignswork responsibilityto employees to meet shift requirements
- Performs all Preventative Maintenance tasks with necessary staff.
- Also, perform maintenance work on tasks assigned by the FacilitiesManager in a timely fashion
- Plans, monitors and appraisesjob results; coaches, counsels and disciplines employees in conjunction with the Community Manager according to FirstServiceResidential policies.
- Assignswork responsibilitiesto other maintenance employees and custodial staff, and ensues timeliness of project completion.
- Monitors inventory and processes purchase orders for maintenance/cleaning supplies to be submitted to FacilitiesManager for approval who will then submit to Community Manager for approval.
- Completes all work orders assigned by FacilitiesManager in a timely fashion
- Assigns one custodial staff member to be the on-callcustodian for the Front Desk Receptionist. They will handle their calls each day so that issues of the residents are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Prepares for and schedules employees for snow events
- Assist in performanceof snow removal on all common property that is the responsibilityof the maintenance/custodial staff.Communicates with Facilities Manager on progress of snow removal
- On Call availabilityfor emergencies and projects as assigned byFacilities Manager andCommunity Manager. Performs all task and schedules all employees to ensureall seasonal recreational facultiesare opened and closed properly.
- Responsible to obtainsetup sheets for events on week prior to the event from the Facilities Manager and to discuss each event in detail with the Facilities Manager to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Ensure that all employees working during Club events in the ballroom or Annex are giving the event coordinator the club phone for communication.
- Previous maintenance and supervisory skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Efficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to drive Some local travel by personal vehicle is required
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates. Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- This position may alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions for the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest provider of third-party community association management in North America. With a presence in 28 states and 3 provinces in Canada we deliver exceptional service and solutions that enhance the value of every property and the lifestyle of every resident in the communities we manage. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled