Johns Hopkins University Marketing Manager in Baltimore, Maryland
Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering seeks a marketing manager to work with academic departments, centers and institutes, development and alumni relations, executive education, and leadership throughout the school to help increase awareness of the school and support recruitment efforts for primarily graduate students
Specific duties & responsibilities:
Recruitment and Marketing
• Develop recruitment and marketing strategies and tactics to raise overall awareness and drive prospective students to apply
• Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
• Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, emails, grass roots outreach, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis, etc.
• Produce valuable and engaging content for websites, blogs, social media etc. to attract and convert target audiences
• Work with the internal team to create and distribute marketing materials as needed
• Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
• Demonstrate current knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• Determine and define the scope, objectives, and timelines for projects that cross multiple areas to ensure timely completion
• Utilize project management tools, such as Basecamp or Asana.
• Manage multiple marketing projects simultaneously while keeping all stakeholders informed on status and progress
• Help project manage website design development and content with constituents and outside vendors
• Oversee management of budgets, vendors, selection of vendors etc. as needed
• Build strategic relationships with colleagues across JHU, with vendors, key industry players, etc.
• Work effectively with a variety of stakeholders across depts. and school to include alumni and development and communications associates
• Collaborate with key department contacts, be able to provide creative ideas for recruitment and branding that is specific to each department and aligns with overarching goals
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Four years related experience.
• Advanced degree may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
• A Bachelor's degree in communications, graphic design, English, journalism, marketing, public relations, social sciences or a related field.
• Preferably 5 years of demonstrated experience in strategic execution of marketing campaigns
• Experience in higher education preferred but not required
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
• Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords and creating and managing social campaigns to recruit students and enhance school awareness
• Demonstrated experience in assessing multifaceted situations and collaborating across complex organizations
• Experience working with creative teams in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, project management and organizational communications skills.
• An ability to operate independently, set priorities, and adjudicate competing needs in a fast-paced organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate complex research or scientific data into materials for lay audiences.
• Understanding of CRM software, CMS platforms (WordPress), Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Mailchimp or other email platforms, other tracking tools, social media and digital marketing platforms.
• Hands-on experience with digital marketing, event coordination, creation of marketing materials, and digital analytics tools.
• Project management experience.
• Samples of writing, materials, campaigns preferred
• Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships and identify, assess, and meet diverse client needs.
• Experience in managing website creation and/or updating
• Ability to organize workflow, prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal direction, meet deadlines, think critically and creatively, and exercise sound judgment.
Classified Title: Communications Associate
Working Title: Marketing Manager
Starting Salary Range: $59,280 to $81,435 annually
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001470-Communications
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com . For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.