Greater Baltimore Medical Center Materials Handler in Baltimore, Maryland
I. JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY :
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs duties related to material handling, transportation and distribution, in relation to the hospital supply function.
HS or GED
· Skill in data analysis and interpretation.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions to write simple sentences and perform calculations.
· Ability to read and understand description of articles being delivered, knowledge of hospital supplies must be acquired to meet minimum customer service requirements.
· Ability to operate vehicles up to 24 feet in length.
· Ability to prioritize Departments activities to ensure all needs are met within expected time frames and or before completion of shift.
· Competent to safety handle medications
· Physical requirements include; standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending throughout the shift; also requires lifting of cased goods weighing 50 lbs; pushing and pulling supply carts and clean linen carts weighing up to 400 lbs, and the ability to stock supplies and linen from carts at floor height to a shelf height of 72 inches. Normal vision with color perception and normal hearing is required. Unassisted mobility is required. Complex bilateral manual dexterity is required.
· Exposure to some noise and dust
Conditions of Employment