Sinclair Broadcast Group News Promotion Associate Producer in Baltimore, Maryland
WBFF/WNUV/EBFF has an immediate opening for a News Promotion Associate Producer in our award-winning Creative Services department. The ideal candidate has non-linear editing experience (Adobe Premiere preferred), shooting experience (studio and some field preferred) and is detail-oriented. Must be able to work under pressure and meet strict production deadlines for Baltimore’s top-rated local television news organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the content and flow of newscasts. You will work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and to develop content for our website.
- Assist news promotion team with story research, editing, daily news promotions, news image promotions and shooting promotional footage
- Operate studio camera and floor direct the daily Lifestyle program and paid programming shoots
- Coordinate guest and client appearances on the Lifestyle program and Facebook Live programs
- Assist Lifestyle show producer with show bookings and production of Lifestyle segments
- Produce and edit long-form promotional videos as needed
- Scout locations and coordinate studio and field shoots with news talent
- Digitize, organize and manage digital promo, footage and marketing assets
- Digitize, tag and distribute promotional and marketing materials as needed
- Act as liaison between creative services, sales, news and clients
- Digitize and distribute video airchecks
- Perform duties of other team members in their absence
- Organize, coordinate and participate in station sponsored promotional events
- Assist in the pre and post production of Lifestyle and paid programs (booking guests, producing, editing, etc) as required
- Write and edit news topical promos as needed
- Write and edit news and news opens as needed
- Produce sponsorship billboards for news and programming as needed
- Assist in editing commercials as required
- Assist Creative Services Director and Promotion Managers in producing marketing materials such as radio and digital ads
- Assist Creative Services Director and Promotion Managers with co-op filings and other administrative work as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of two years of television promotion, production company or commercial production experience is required
- Proficiency in non-linear editing is required (Adobe Premiere preferred). Experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud software is a major plus (Photoshop, After Effects).
- Basic shooting skills and experience in promotion or commercial production
- Experience with Microsoft 365
- Superb attention to detail, time management skills, and strong communication abilities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with news talent, sales and clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills are a must
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- The ability to routinely lift, carry, and move equipment in excess of 40 lbs
- A college degree in Communications or Journalism is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.