Nexus Regional Development Director in Baltimore, Maryland
Nexus Family Healing is a national nonprofit mental health organization that restores hope for thousands of children and families who come to us for outpatient/community mental health services, foster care and adoption, and residential treatment. For over 45 years, our network of agencies has used innovative, personalized approaches to heal trauma, break cycles of harm, and reshape futures. We believe every child is worth it — and every family matters.
We are looking for a Regional Development Director to join our growing Foundation team at Nexus-Woodbourne! Nexus-Woodbourne Family Healing consists of the following programs and services for youth: Residential Treament, Diagnostic Program, The Woodbourne School and Vocational Program, and Treatment Foster Care. The residential treatment center offers emotional, behavioral, mental health, and sexually problematic behavior programs. The short-term (90-day) diagnostic (DETP) program serves male, female, and transgender youth who have been commercially sexually exploited.
At Nexus Family Healing, we not only support diversity – we celebrate it and rely on it for the betterment of our employees, our services, and our impact on the community. We strive to provide the best quality care for our youth and the best work environment for our employees through an inclusive team culture. Nexus Family Healing is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, familial status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position will be officed out of the Nexus-Woodbourne Center supporting the Baltimore, MD area as part of the Nexus Foundation team.
The Regional Development Director will provide on-the-ground leadership and management to build connections and secure philanthropic gifts to support the national and local impact of Nexus Family Healing, as well as the assigned affiliate agencies. This person will have the ability to play a key role in the creation of a national strategic development plan and will execute that plan within their targeted region, keeping in mind both the local and national impact.
- Fund Development
- Lead the creation and execution of a regional development plan aligned with the Nexus Family Healing national strategic development plan and supporting the needs of Nexus and assigned agencies
- Strategy, Information & Metrics Management
- Plan and document donor interactions and strategies for donor relationship management as well as grant proposals and results
- Retrieve, review and analyze donor data, providing reports on key metrics to inform leadership, board and development committee on development goals and progress
- Relationship Building
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with donors, volunteers, community leaders and stakeholders
- Identify and maintain a core portfolio of donors identified as major donors/prospects and develop specific strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Work in conjunction with Nexus Foundation and local agency leadership to engage the Board of Directors and/or Development Committee in philanthropic giving and to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with leadership and colleagues at assigned agencies and across Nexus Family Healing
- Event Planning & Management
- Develop and execute events to enhance brand awareness, increase donor engagement/cultivation, and build philanthropic support for Nexus Family Healing/assigned agencies
- Establish strategic plans and target goals for events to assess impact and cost effectiveness
- Involve agency leadership, employees, board and community members in the planning and execution of events to increase engagement and expand the reach of Nexus Family Healing/assigned agencies
- Culture of Philanthropy
- Develop and execute plans to promote a culture of philanthropy throughout Nexus Family Healing and assigned agencies including communications, activities and internal relationship building
- Educate the local leadership team and other employees on the role of philanthropy and their opportunities for involvement
- External Communications & Outreach
- Create and implement an annual communications plan for the designated region in conjunction with the Nexus Family Healing Development and Communications teams
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Set and monitor regional budget and expenses to ensure good stewardship of resources and appropriate tracking of expenses
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in fund development in the nonprofit sector. Prefer management level fund development experience. In lieu of degree, may accept a combination of education (minimum of a high school diploma or GED) and 10 years of experience in fund development
- Experience with door management software, preferably Raiser's Edge
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and utilize general office equipment, including the visual acuity to spend lengthy amounts of time utilizing computer equipment
- Infrequent lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Reaching, bending and twisting activities conducive to an office environment
- Must be able to travel without assistance via car and air transport for up to 25% of work time
Job ID: 2020-5081
Location Name: Nexus - Woodbourne Family Healing