Under Armour, Inc. Sr. Manager, Sustainability, Operations Reporting and Engagement in Baltimore, Maryland
Sr. Manager, Sustainability, Operations Reporting and Engagement
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Under Armour Sustainability team is looking for our next MVP! The Sr. Manager for Sustainability Operations, Reporting and Engagement will assist in implementing and enhancing a robust enterprise-wide Sustainability program, advancing the integration of sustainability into company processes and supporting the global development and deployment of related policies. Reporting in to the Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO), the Sr. Manager will continue programmatic work that supports UA’s successful re-accreditation by the Fair Labor Association (FLA) in collaboration with regional team leads and will advance the company’s human rights program and policy work. The Sr. Manager will play a lead role in taking UA’s Sustainability storytelling to the next level through the development of a cross-functional sustainability reporting and engagement strategy. The Sr. Manager will also manage two direct reports based in Baltimore and work closely with the Sr. Manager for Environmental Sustainability, including with regard to internal sustainability communications and responding to external stakeholder inquiries. Lastly, the Sr. Manager will support the CSO in participating and executing sector and cross-sector collaborative initiatives as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the CSO on the development of strategic plans related to sustainability and manage related cross-functional working groups; review standard operating procedures and recommend process and organizational changes needed to advance key sustainability initiatives; work closely with Finance on sustainability budget management, tracking and reporting.
Reporting & Disclosure:
- Implement and evolve UA’s sustainability reporting, disclosure and engagement strategy for both internal and external stakeholders; prioritize and respond to incoming requests for sustainability data and information; present recommendations to management based on sustainability benchmark performance and ensure compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Assist and provide advice, when needed, to the CSO in engagements with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers regarding allegations concerning/investigation and remediation of, and capacity building to address alleged factory conditions/including freedom of association, industrial/labor relations issues; facilitate meetings and/or attend networking opportunities and represent UA at meetings and professional gatherings, as deemed appropriate.
Oversee overall audit program management being implemented by direct reports who are responsible formaintaining accurate data and coordinating communications to the supplier base, tracking receipt of audit reports, preparing corrective action plans, assessing responses to corrective action plans until completion;
Assist with developing and implementing traceability and human rights related policies and due diligence beyond Tier 1; provide guidance and lead strengthening of worker voice program; support the evolution and deployment of tools to mitigate social compliance risks, including but not limited to migrant and forced labor.
- Model UA’s valued behaviours and lead a motivated and high-performing team of Sustainability analysts; provide direction, coaching and support on their project portfolios and individual development plans; complete performance reviews, review and approve invoices/expense reports and ensure compliance with internal training requirements and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES)
General knowledge and understanding of ILO Conventions, local laws and regulations in manufacturing countries;
Significant understanding of design, buying, production processes for apparel, footwear and equipment supply chains;
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College Degree; Graduate Degree (preferred but not required)
7-10 years of experience in Sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility/Labor/Human Rights programs including factory level assessments and headquarter level program, management and analytical work; investigations and remediation, analysis and capacity building and internal and external reporting;
Human Rights policy and program due diligence and reporting experience;
Experience managing a team and budget
Experience in leading or conducting social compliance and environmental assessments; particularly in the development of assessment methodologies;
Experience with the Higg Index and related evaluations and assessments;
Experience in collaborative work to address Sustainability and CSR challenges and issues as well as proficiency in related evaluative tools, scoring and reporting.
Internal and External Stakeholder engagement expertise and experience.
Living in, traveling in/to, knowledge of business/living/production conditions in major sourcing countries and regions
Excellent analytical skills to help contribute to the enhancement of the CSR/Sustainability Program
Great project management skills to help coordinate Sustainability programs and initiatives
Strong interpersonal skills with an openness to receiving and giving constructive feedback
Flexible work style and an ability to adapt and respond quickly to shifting priorities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
Conflict resolution ability, negotiation skills and sound judgment
Highly proficient in MS Office software, e.g. Excel, Word and skilled in PowerPoint
Social Compliance database management skills
- Relocation may be offered up to a specific amount
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Check Out This Location