Greater Baltimore Medical Center Sterile Processing Supervisor in Baltimore, Maryland
Under general supervision, supervises Central Sterile Processing shift operations. Monitors decontamination, equipment cleaning, sterilization, instrument assembly and case cart picking.
AA Degree in related field preferred.
At least five years related work experience.
Three years' previous experience as a sterile processing supervisor
· Organizational and leadership skills in order to coordinate and prioritize work of CSR Techs.
· Analytical skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Ability to use a computer as well as application software to enter and retrieve data.
· Certified in central Sterile Processing ( CRCST), Certified in Instrumentation Specialty (CIS), Certified in Healthcare Leadership (CHL) required.
· Ability to stand and walk for up to sixty percent (60%) of work time and to lift heavy instruments and supplies weighing up to forty (40) pounds for up to twenty percent (20%) of work time. Annual eye exam required
· Works in areas with considerable noise from sterilizers and other equipment eighty (80%) of work time.
· Exposed to water, detergents, and disinfectants up to fifty (50%) of work time.
· Exposed to potential health hazards and physical hazards from contaminated instruments, sterilizing solutions, and high pressure steam for up to eighty (80%) of work time.