Johns Hopkins Medicine Systems Engineer SAP in Baltimore, Maryland
Systems Engineer SAP
Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System,
Requisition # 153263
Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Not Required
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
• Assist Sr. SAP Basis Systems Engineers by providing 'Level 2' support of multiple SAP landscapes to monitor, detect, diagnose, and recommend corrective solutions using SAP Solution Manager and other 3rd party software; assuring the integrity, availability, security and recoverability of the various SAP systems. Also, must be able to provide on-call, 'after hours' support and assistance.
• Assist Sr. SAP Basis (and various other IT) team members, to optimize SAP system performance.
• Review, suggest, and occasionally apply corrective system fixes from supplied documentation and other sources (e.g. SAP EarlyWatch Reports, SAP Online Support, Cisco, IBM and other technology partners).
• Work with the Sr. SAP Basis Systems Engineers to develop and maintain technical documentation of processes, standards and procedures for the administration and support of multiple SAP systems.
• Utilize SAP tools to perform new system installations, upgrades, patches, system refreshes and system and client copies.
• Provide technical support for SAP Functional team members (testing, research, diagnosis).
4+ years of related large scale systems administration support experience, of which 2+ years include related SAP Basis experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of SAP system planning, installation, and administration, as well as a good understanding of SAP architecture and application modules.
• Displayed knowledge in one or more core competencies (ECC, SRM, BW, Process Integration, or Solution Manager) including participation in at least 1 full cycle implementation.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Good RDBMS knowledge of 1 or more systems (Sybase or HANA desired) including installation and administration, backup/recovery techniques and general disaster recovery procedures.
• Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems. Ability to maintain Shell scripts is desirable.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, Outlook Visio and Project.
• Experience with Atlassian collaboration tools (Confluence and JIRA), RevTrac, BSI TaxFactory and EPIUSE Data Sync Manager is desirable.
• Experience with creating, updating and contributing to project plans and proficiency with creating technical documentation using MS Word, Excel, Visio, and other similar tools).
• Good oral and written communication skills, initiative and assertiveness.
• Ability to interface well with all levels of management and staff of IT and customer community.
• Strong collaboration team building skills and the ability to work in a highly diverse environment.
• Must also be able to quickly adapt to project scope and deadline changes
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.