Allied Reliability Group CMM Operator/Quality Inspector in Baltimore/DC Region, Maryland
Perform various required quality inspections utilizing a portable CMM inspection arm. Performs in-process and final inspection of products produced in accordance with customer specified requirements. Also, has the responsibility of identifying, documenting and segregating non-conforming material.
Set up, program and operate a portable CMM inspection arm (FARO Arm) and generate readable reports with customer model requirements and actual data via Excel.
Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) in accordance with AS9102 specifications.
Conduct complete dimensional inspection of components / assemblies and tooling.
Generate and report dimensional results.
Proficiently use micrometers, calipers and other basic measuring gages.
Perform tool acceptance in accordance with tool acceptance procedures utilizing CMM and/or conventional hand held methods.
Perform visual and dimensional inspections for in process, completed parts and core blanket assemblies in accordance with Alcore and / or customer specifications.
Responsible for identifying, documenting and segregation of nonconforming materials / product.
Generate non-conformance reports. Perform release and transfer of accepted product into MRP database (Fourth Shift)
Maintain retrieval file system for documented objective evidence of material / product status.
Responsible for generating required certifications and supplying documentation package for product shipment.
Must maintain a clean an orderly area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Company Policy & Procedure
- An employee handbook and other company policies and procedures have been prepared to guide employees in their personal conduct and work activities. Employees are, however, expected to exercise on the spot decisions regarding the workmanship of themselves and others to ensure that quality is built in at every process step.
Education and/or Experience
- AA degree or a certificate from college or technical school; and/or five years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience. CNC / Machining experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires solid verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills enabling involvement in a cross functional, quality driven team environment. A positive, "Can do" attitude fueled with initiative, dedication, neatness, sense of urgency, and concern for the satisfaction of customers, both internal and external.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong hands on knowledge of Microsoft Office experience preferred. Three years’ experience with operating Faro Arm portable CMM.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to read and interpret dimensional drawings.
Must be proficient in using micrometers, calipers and other basic measuring gages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Req ID No.: 2019-4827
External Company Name: Allied Reliability, Inc.
External Company URL: www.alliedreliability.com
Street: Mid-Atlantic Region