Chevy Chase Acura Auto Detailer in Bethesda, Maryland
WHO WE ARE:
Chevy Chase Acura has been serving the Washington Metro Area since 1939. We are deeply rooted in the community through our involvement with numerous charities. Our dealership works as a team, and our team strives to be the best for our customers. We are always looking for bright, motivated, and energetic professionals to add to our world-class dealership. We are the #1 Acura dealership in Maryland for both new and certified pre-owned sales. We are also the "Best Dealership" as voted by the readers of Bethesda Magazine and Time Magazine's Dealer of the Year for the Washington Metro Area. We are a winning team looking for winners to join us. PURPOSE OF POSITION:The Auto Detailer is responsible for throughly cleaning & detailing customer & inventory vehicles to the standards defined by Chevy Chase Acura. WHAT WE OFFER: * Medical, vision, and dental insurance * Short-term and long-term disability * 401k with company match * Time bank * Employee leasing program * Annual profit sharing bonus * Paid training * Centrally located, close to metro QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrates favorable public and employee contacts.* Works harmoniously with co-workers and supervisors.
- Shows a professional approach towards customers, co-workers and the public at large.
Dresses in appropriate uniform for the position held to insure a professional image.
Demonstrates adherence to company procedures.* Come to work on time and is dependable.
Is self-disciplined and works without constant supervision.
Maintains a positive attitude about the job and company.* Shows a willingness to perform all duties of their position.
- Shows a positive approach toward helping customers and co-workers.
- Accepts supervision positively.
- Adapts to changing conditions and shows a willingness to assist others when needed.
- Demonstrates pride and professionalism towards company.
- Must be able to think ahead and anticipate vehicle needs.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Understanding of proper detailing process
- Knowledge of proper chemicals/tools used for cleaning interiors & exteriors
- Keen attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Have and maintain a good driving record.
- Have a current drivers license.
- Knowledge of driving several types of vehicles including trucks and standard transmissions.
- Must be able to clean vehicles to meet company guidelines.
Buffing, polishing, and/or wetsanding experience highly preferred KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Thoroughly and safely clean & detail interiors and exteriors of vehicles for resale, deliveries, and customer vehicles
- Ensure all finished work meets Chevy Chase Acura Quality Standards
- Assist in keeping shop and car lot areas clean and neat
Keep track of all jobs performed SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor. MINIMUM PERFORMANCE STANDARDS/ACCOUNTABILITY:
Adhere to the schedule.
- Good communication skills
- Must be a customer-oriented, self-motivated team player
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule that will include some evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license and few to no points on driving record This job description provides an overview of your specific job duties, but it is not possible to be all inclusive. You may be asked from time to time to perform functions not stated or not directly related to your job or department and will be expected to willingly cooperate.
This job description is a temporary management tool and is subject to change at any time.
INCOME METHOD: Flat Rate, Hourly
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time and flexible. Determined by manager during interview process.
"Offers of employment are conditional. Candidates must successfully complete a Pre-Employment Drug Screening, Criminal Background Check, and Motor Vehicle Record Check. A criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. We are a drug-free workplace. We are an EEO/ AA employer. Job seekers will be given consideration without regard to their disability or protected veteran status."