Marriott Director Experience Design and New Business Analytics in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 21004247
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Marriott+International+HQ%2C10400+Fernwood+Road%2CBethesda%2CMaryland%2CUS)
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Director, CX Experience Design and New Business Analytics – plays the key role in instrumenting data collection, measurement, analytics, and KPI frameworks for Marriott’s Experience Design and New Businesss. The Director will partner closely with the Data Science Team , the Design & Innovation team, the Homes and Villas by Marriott International team and a broad cross-functional team to evaluate data, measurement and analysis needs for products, features and experiences that will be built and integrated with multiple external & internal partners and service providers. The Director is responsible for scoping, and then facilitating proper integration, architecture, enablement, analysis, and eventually – data-driven enhancements to products and experiences. He or she will contribute to building road maps, identify and solve for potential roadblocks and dependencies. The Director operates with considerable independence, developing strategies to deliver information and knowledge for action, while managing multiple competing priorities and stakeholders. This position is part of the CX Insights, Strategy & Analytics team, which is charged with developing and utilizing state-of-the-art analytic approaches to generate business intelligence about customer attitudes and behaviors across all customer-facing touch points along the B2C and B2B customer journeys.
Education and Experience
· 6+ years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in analytically driven organizations
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferably in a quantitative discipline (statistics, engineering, operations research, mathematics, etc.) required.
· MBA or advanced degree in professional studies, operations research, applied mathematics, finance, economics, etc., preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Lead the team to deliver strategic analysis and reporting to drive business & customer value
· Identify, align on, and analyze meaningful KPIs to evaluate and drive performance of CX Experience Design and New Businesses such as HVMI
· Ensure all team outputs are high quality and credible for stakeholder consumption
· Forecast KPIs once baselines have been established
· Deliver insight and provide guidance on strategy based on historical performance & industry best practices
· Define benchmarks to provide stakeholders with the ability to monitor program performance in an actionable way
· Design and coordinate the maintenance of scorecards that measure both program and campaign-level effectiveness
· Synthesize insights and consolidate into a concise and persuasive story in partnership with the Data Science Partner
· Bring a strong technical background/expertise to ensure team outputs are both rigorous and robust yet have the ability to pull back and know how to deliver according to an 80/20 assessment.
Collaborate across the CX Analytics & Data Teams and Business Discipline Teams
· Establish strong working relationships with business discipline stakeholders as well peers within the Insights, Strategy & Analytics team and Data Strategy, Activation & Operations Team.
· Perform complex analytics projects across broad set of stakeholders, clearly aligning on business and data needs, managing expectations, and delivering results in a timely manner.
· Provide business-minded analytics and modeling support, both working well with data and demonstrating strong business acumen
· Demonstrate flexibility for the continuously changing needs and priorities of the business
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
· Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
· Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
· Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
· As needed, hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
· Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
· Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
· Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
· Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports and assists with their growth and development plans.
· Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
· Technical Acumen – Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
o Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
o Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job
o Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements
o Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
o Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.