IBM Global Core Banking & Payments ISV Business Consultant in Bethesda, Maryland
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an ISV Core Banking & Payments Business Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recom
mendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As a Global ISV Banking Consultant, you will be responsible for leading the worldwide services relationship with ISV and associated sales and delivery targets. You will support and provide guidance with the sales cycle of ISV services work with IBM’s client account teams globally. The successful candidate will have experience consulting with large enterprises on Banking & Technology Strategy, and possess sound knowledge of current market trends, and market positioning of ISV solutions against the competition.
Your unique role will drive success and determine where to compete, how to differentiate, and how to innovate business models and technology platforms by taking advantage of new digital technologies. You will be an accomplished Business Sales & Delivery Executive and drive IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated and successful team with a proven sales record within IBM’s Banking practice.
In this role you will:
• Maximize growth for IBM Global Business Services (GBS) through new business signings, revenue, and profit from the banking industry using cloud and cognitive computing. Additionally, identify and advance new business opportunities to closure
• Bring deep industry expertise in digital banking, pioneering banking transformation across business, operations, and technology
• Evangelize growth and eminence of Banking at IBM by supporting thought leadership, practice development activities, and speaking at conferences
• Provide innovative ideas with our clients’ to explore disruptive strategies that create business value
• Promote IBM’s unique value proposition in the market built around IBM’s banking and payments services and assets. Specialized in Digital Transformation, Optimization, Workflows, Banking Operations, Banking Services Operating Model, and end-to-end processing
• Build, grow, and steward client relationships. Assist in client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship through delivery excellence
• Be responsible for shaping deals and to lead the team to prepare proposals, RFPs, RFIs for clients, and initial selling of the offering
• Utilize your banking domain expertise across Deposits and Payments with excellent communication skills and strong knowledge of business / functional architecture, experience not only with sales but with delivery of banking transformations or core banking progressive modernizations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
5+ years of experience in banking transformations and core banking progressive modernization sales/delivery experience of existing cores (FIS Profile, Hogan, Systematics etc)
5+ years of current technical market trends experience, including Cloud, Cognitive, Digital and Microservices / APIs
Strong knowledge and experience across Deposits and Payments
At least 5 years of experience in delivery of complex consulting services projects within the Financial Services Industry
At least 5 years of experience managing and leading teams
Ability to travel up to 80%
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
MBA or Equivalent higher education preferred
Intellect Design experience a plus
Expertise of multiple core banking packages in a sales or delivery capacity would be highly advantageous
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.