Lockheed Martin Multi Function Engineering & Science Manager in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company seeks a Multi Function Engineering & Science Manager to support expatriate work in Australia.
Functions as an advisor to a unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems. Assignments are received in task and objective oriented terms. Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects resulting in considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds.
In this role you will:
• Provide program management office support to customers
• Monitor financials and control the program expenses
• Working closely with the customer and project leads to manage internal requirements and serve as focused point of contact for contract execution
• Drive enterprise behaviors and innovation/Process Improvements
• Provide an extensive contribution to the creation of an effective workplace culture which recognizes and values both individual and team contributions
• Provide support to business development opportunities
• Lead and mentor individuals to achieve their potential, effectively maximizing their contribution to the mission
• Manage personnel including recruitment; induction and probationary reviews of new employees; timely management of performance issues; coaching, mentoring, and development of employees; succession planning; and LM Commit process/cycle and annual salary review process
• Actively support business growth opportunities to ensure adequate planning and estimating for one or more Engineering & Science capability aspects
• Work collaboratively across the business to achieve successful outcomes.
• Continuously drive process improvement and excellence, including the proactive resolution of CARs and OFIs.
• Provide leadership to pro-actively identify and resolve technical issues across the business
• Establish and maintain cascaded communication requirements across the business.
• Manage a wide variety of activities, for project, business, and technical assignments requiring broad
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Demonstrated customer focus and ability to build strong customer relationships
• Strong business acumen and program performance monitoring experience
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (engineering, computer science etc.) from a recognized institution, and/or extensive relevant experience
• Relevant Management/ Leadership training and/or qualifications
• Active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly required to be considered
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Familiarity or demonstrated experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
• Ability to develop and brief presentation material to leadership and the customer on analysis results and recommendations
• Relevant certification(s) and / or professional membership(s)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.