Lockheed Martin Senior Investment Analyst in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin Ventures (LMV) is the venture capital arm of Lockheed Martin Corp., (NYSE: LMT), the global leader in aerospace and technology solutions for the defense industry. At Lockheed Martin our mission is to provide our customers with the most advanced, proven platforms and technologies.
Lockheed Martin Ventures invests in high-growth, early stage technology companies. LMV focuses on companies pursuing technologies and markets that provide a natural extension to Lockheed Martin’s core business in addition to innovations that offer new growth opportunities for Lockheed Martin.
LMV invests in companies that drive change in industries that may be relevant to Lockheed Martin. We partner with talented teams to create value through industry access, engineering expertise, insight, contacts and partnership. As a result of our involvement, Lockheed Martin may partner with a portfolio company to help access defense and aerospace markets with its products.
Reporting to the executive director and general manager of Lockheed Martin Ventures, the investment analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Evaluate business plans (team, product, IP, market, channels)
• Conduct due diligence.
• Analyze the deal structure.
• Maintain Corporate confidentiality and disclosure protocol
• Support investments through the internal approval process
• Assist in Facilitating business relationships between portfolio companies and operating units
• Build collegial relations within CVC, with other BA personnel who are critical to deals, and with VCs
• Show exemplary behavior consistent with LMT core values (honesty, integrity, mutual trust and respect)
• Present to senior management. Required Knowledge & Experience:
Preferred Locations: Bethesda, MD or Palo Alto, CA
May reside at any major LM facility
• Knowledge of company capital and operating structures.
• Working knowledge of P&L statements, balance sheets
• Experience with creating and analyzing corporate business plans
• Technology fluency with financial acumen
* U.S. Citizen required.
• Preferred previous experience in Venture investing. Lead development, corporate analytical methods, project management.
• Exhibit strong organization and communication skills: written and oral.
• BS, MS or PhD; preferred Science, Engineering or Technology discipline.
MBA and 1-2 years Management or Operations experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.