CyberCore Technologies Software Reverse Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland
Software Reverse Engineer
JOIN THE CYBERCORE TECHNOLOGIES TEAM.
We are GROWING ! Bring your Technical Capabilities, Enthusiasm, and Team Focus.
CyberCore Technologies has a New Opportunity for aSoftware Reverse Engineer – Active TS/SCI CI Poly RequiredinBethesda, MD.
CyberCore Technologies provides Services for Government and Commercial Clients. We have procured, integrated, and delivered over $2.6B in Information Technology products. CyberCore provides a wide range of professional services and solutions with specific strengths in Cyber Security, Networking, Engineering/Operations, and Software Development.
At CyberCore, Our Goal is to Maintain a Healthy Work-Life Balance and Provide Interesting Work Supporting Our Nation’s Security. CyberCore is Proud to Offer: Competitive Salaries; Corporate PTO Plan; Education Reimbursement and Bonuses for Completing Certifications; Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for Team Members and Families; Social and Philanthropic Events Celebrating Our Team and Giving Back to Our Community. For more information on CyberCore Technologies, go to www.cybercoretech.com (http://www.cybercoretech.com/)
• Isolate, review, analyze, reverse-engineer, and modify malicious and non-malicious programs and applications
• Write and produce technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the assessed software and applications suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Work deep within the boot-process kernel and system internals using tools like IDA Pro, debuggers, and in-target probes to research the behavior of binaries
• Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution
• Share knowledge by clearly articulation ideas through papers and presentation to technical staff, management and Government decision makers
• With COR approval, participate in working groups, sponsor meetings, proposal writing and conferences
• Provide detailed understanding of how various software-based attacks work at the memory and register level
•Perform in-depth analysis (dynamic/static) on malicious software (ie: bots, worms, trojans) resident on Microsoft Windows and Linux-based platforms to provide actionable intelligence and, as appropriate, provide remediation recommendations
• Analyze, disassemble and reverse engineer software binaries; document and transition results in reports, presentations and technical exchanges
• Design, prototype, document, test and transition code analysis methods and tools appropriate for operational use
• Proactively identify, define and advocate reverse engineering and analysis processes, approaches, and concepts to enhance/improve technical exploitation efforts
• Adequately explain, present, demonstrate (when applicable) and document the operational impact of a particular vulnerability
• Identify, define, determine origin and report on malware and other select software found on media of interest
Required Candidate Qualifications:
Active TS/SCI CI Poly.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least 3 years related experience; or 5 years of experience without a degree.
DoD 8570 Compliant Certification
Experience with Reverse Engineering and network security tools, including IDA Pro, GDB, WinDdg, YARA, Windows Sysinternals, Kali, Linux and/or Wireshark
Programming knowledge/experience with either Windows Kernel, C, C++, Python and/or Assembly Language and the ability to work in a team environment using modern version control systems
DoD 8570 compliance
Experience in hardware configuration and network/data communications and protocols
Experience in software development and scripting
Experience conducting intelligence analysis and writing finished intelligence reporting
Experience requiring a thorough understanding of compiler specifics, operation system concepts, security models and causes of most vulnerabilities and how to exploit them. Preferably experience coding and disassembling software on both Windows and Linux or other BSD and Unix variants
Experience and knowledge of the types and techniques of cyber exploitation and attack, including virus, worm, trojan horse, logic bomb, and sniffer to identify, quantify, prioritize, and report vulnerabilities in various architectures, networks, communications, applications, and systems
Experience establishing defense mechanisms to detect and deflect cyber attacks on networks and communications systems and structures and designing and evaluating applications that are secure from known and potential methods of cyber attack
Experience coordinating systems implementation activities with key personnel to ensure the successful transition from development to implementation and operation present and defend a position and to communicate with government and contractor team members
Experience with virtualization, driver programming and debugging
Experience with ethical hacking and/or testing software vulnerabilities
CyberCore Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.