Lockheed Martin Sr. Mgr M&A Strategy & Operations in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Development (VPCD), the Sr Mgr M&A Strategy & Operations is responsible for driving the organization’s efforts around inorganic growth strategies, target pipeline development and associated strategic evaluation in collaboration with the Business Area and other Corporate Strategy & Development (CSD) teams. The Sr Mgr will work closely with all constituents to develop cohesive themes for inorganic investment as well as the strategic vision that links the investment and themes. Existing relationships with Business Area and a deep understanding of LM’s portfolio are imperative.
The Sr Mgr M&A Strategy & Operations will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Creating and driving a robust transaction pipeline of actionable targets as well as formalizing the process and meeting cadence with the Business Areas
• Working with the Business Areas, CETO and CSD to advance inorganic strategic investment and portfolio shaping concepts.
• Managing the interactions related to incoming transaction activity (externally and internally)
• Serve as a key contact between Business Area strategy staff and corporate development on transaction activity
• Support the development of compelling business cases and strategic rationale in collaboration with Business Area and M&A staff
• Provide strategic support for active M&A projects and support the transaction leads as required
• Develop and maintain working relationships with investment banks
• Develop high impact strategic presentations in connection with ELT/Board level discussions
• Thinking critically, bridging strategy and goals to actionable transaction opportunities
• Manage analyst pool supporting transaction activity; and project disposition within the M&A organization
• Responsible for managing day-to-day CD operations supporting the VPCD (analyst staff, budgets, approvals)
The Sr Mgr M&A Strategy & Operations is the one of the first contacts for investment activity, working to develop a robust pipeline of opportunities for the corporation. This requires close internal relationships with Business Area and CSD staff. The Sr Mgr will provide strategic rationale and business case support to the transaction teams throughout the M&A lifecycle. The ability to develop and deploy talent within the CD organization is also essential to success. Department activities are project based and the selected individual will have to be able to change direction and adapt quickly. The ability to work effectively across cultures is also essential for this role.
Candidate should be prepared to share how they work and think independently as well in a team environment; and have a demonstrated history of critical thought and successfully completing complex assignments in varied environments. Position will require travel and adjusting schedules to meet changes in requirements, often on short notice.
• +10 years Aerospace and Defense experience;
• +10 years of strategy and/or business development leadership experience;
• Experience in the development of strategy, strategic themes and business cases;
• Experience in prior transaction investment activity;
• Talent leadership experience;
• Critical thinking ;
• Strong Full Spectrum Leadership Values;
• Excellent leader in building relationships at all levels of the organization both internally to the organization and externally;
• Strong understanding of LM portfolio/Business Areas and the A&D industry
• Strategic minded and understands how to execute on a corporate Strategy and how external deals fit into that strategy;
• Ability to communicate the vision of investments; excellent verbal and written communications;
• Strong in leadership, , and execution capabilities operating with speed and agility;
• Ability to create and deliver high-impact presentations to influence level;
• International experience preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.