IBM Supply Chain Engineering Co-op: Jan - Dec 2021 in Bethesda, Maryland
As a Supply Chain Engineering Professional at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking dynamic and hardworking engineers with a growth mindset to enable our teams and suppliers to deliver quality products. Are you seeking an opportunity that helps you grow your career at an equal opportunity company like IBM?
This role entails working with technical teams encompassing suppliers, development, and manufacturing on early product development, qualification, quality management and also for ongoing production support. This role will enable your growth in several aspects of supply chain engineering such as: qualification, technology convergence, environmental compliance, process improvements, manufacturing assembly, manufacturing test, and quality support such as production yields, field performance, tooling, changes and product delivery. This role focuses on leading and developing technology roadmaps, communicating technical specifications and driving continuous quality improvement.
• Work closely with development, manufacturing, and project management teams to implement performance, quality and cost improvements. Work with project plans and timelines and communicate status to all stakeholders/partners.
• Seek out new and capable suppliers in support of product and business needs. Assess suppliers for their ability to fit IBM’s quality and business standards.
• Lead and support supplier audits by ensuring compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements.
• Have the drive and resilience to work towards tackling complex issues using structured problem solving techniques.
• Implement cost optimization techniques to meet cost reduction objectives across all commodities and brands.
• Implement technical improvements for product design, manufacturing engineering fulfillment, system test and supplier process issues using root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions.
• Opportunity to work on implementing leading edge data analytics tools, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality and blockchain technology to improve IBM's supply chain.
Possible Locations Include (Based on demand): Poughkeepsie NY; Rochester MN; Research Triangle Park, NC; San Jose, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in leading teams, resolving difficult technical and/or process problems
Experience in performing Quality Audits
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.