NBC Universal Vice President, Content - NBC Sports Washington in Bethesda, Maryland
Job Number 59004BR
Job Title Vice President, Content - NBC Sports Washington
Business Segment NBC Sports Group
Sub-Business NBC Sports RSN - Washington
Posting Category Content Development & Programming
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Minimum 10 years of experience in linear content production with at least 4 years focused on digital/social content.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a senior content role managing a large team with demonstrated success.
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong production experience including show and live event management and creation, ideally in a major sports market.
• Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team.
• Strong knowledge of linear and nonlinear viewing habits and media consumption patterns and great awareness of the latest trends in a changing media landscape.
• Active engagement and participation in the digital community with awareness of new trends in the development of OTT or DTC business models, ideally with sports content.
• Creative mindset with strong knowledge of social web and content development.
• Strong knowledge of sports content and programming at the national and local level.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Management or other related field desired.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.