Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) Sr. Manager, Asset Management (Water/Wastewater Production) in Bladensburg, Maryland
Functional TitleSr. Manager, Asset Management (Water/Wastewater Production)
Recruitment Category TypeStandard
Number of Vacancies1
Job LevelDivision Manager
Job Description Summary
Manages and administers the activities of the Production Department Asset Management Division including providing policy and direction for the Division. Supervises employees responsible for the proper management of the TEAMS Computerized Maintenance Management System, development of facility-related Asset Management Plans, and the review and implementation of business improvement activities. Develops standards for same. Responsible for the Production Department Asset Management Committee. Coordinates activities of the Division with the Asset Management Program Office as appropriate.
Organization NameFacilities Maintenance
Reports toDeputy Director, Production
Full or Part TimeFull Time
If Part Time how many hours per week
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Position End Date (if temporary)
Monday through Friday
7:30am – 4:00pm
The Sr. Manager, Production Asset Management provides policy and direction for the division, oversees maintenance management system, develops facility-related asset management plans, and reviews/implements business improvement projects.
• Provides overall management and guidance to the Production Department Asset Management Division and the Production Department Asset Management Steering Committee
• Evaluates asset-related standards generated from the Asset Management Program Office and determines necessary action to apply such standards within the Production Department
• Establishes asset management-related policies and procedures for the Production Department
• Creates and/or reviews summary reports related to asset management; critically reviews these reports and recommends response actions when appropriate
• Oversees and/or performs the work necessary to create facility asset management plans and implement business improvement projects
• Evaluates proposed projects as a voting member of the Project Validation Committee
• Identifies resource requirements and activity performance data for the programs and activities of the Division to support budget preparation
• Supervises employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination
• Drives a vehicle to conduct WSSC Water business
• Attends necessary meetings and follows through on recommendations
• Performs other related duties as required
Work Environment And Physical Demands
Work occurs in industrial plant facilities and office settings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Ability to plan and direct the work of engineers, O&M specialists and administrative staff
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices related to asset management
• Comprehensive knowledge of the water/wastewater industry
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices needed for effective computerized maintenance management system use, such as Oracle WAM
• Knowledge of the principles and practices needed for effective decision support system use, such as RIVA
• Ability to create, prepare and effectively present technical and administrative reports, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, peers and supervisors in a team-based environment
• Ability to assess and balance workloads and project assignments
• Ability to make independent decisions, solve problems and implement those decisions
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Environmental Engineering or a related discipline
• 8+ years project management experience in the delivery of asset management programs, capital projects, or related project management experience
• 3+ years of management experience which includes employee supervision
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 12+ years project management experience in the delivery of asset management programs, capital projects, or related project management experience
• 3+ years management experience which includes the supervision of employees
• Possession of a valid driver’s license with no more than 4 points and ability to obtain a WSSC Water driver’s permit within 90 days of hire or transfer date
• Completion of the WSSC Water Financial Disclosure statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter
• Professional Water Asset Manager ( PWAM ) certification
• Project Management Professional ( PMP ) certification
• Master’s or other advanced degree
Salary$103,905 - $158,617
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Commission to select new employees and to promote current employees without regard to race, sexual orientation, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, or handicap. The Commission does not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability and will make reasonable accommodation for any disability that does not result in undue hardship for the Commission.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a BS degree and 8+ years experience with asset management programs, capital projects or related project management experience OR a High School diploma and 12+ years experience with asset management programs, capital projects or related project management experience?
- Do you have comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of asset management?
- Are you familiar with facility asset management strategies and implementation activities?
- Do you have knowledge of wastewater/water production processes and practices?
- Do you have 3 years of management/supervisory experience?
- Are you experienced in the effective use of decision support and optimization systems such as Riva, SAS, Optimatics, or similar systems?
- Do you have experience with Oracle WAM/MWM, Oracle P6 or similar asset and work management system?
- Are you proficient in the use of MS Office?
- Do you have a Master's or other advanced degree?
- Are you certified as a Professional Water Asset Manager (PWAM)?
- Do you hold a current PMP certification?
- Please list your PMP or PgMP certification number. Be sure to identify which certification you have.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a valid driver's license with no more than 4 points and with no restrictions (except eyeglasses/contact lenses)?
Are you an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces who was a bona fide resident of the state of Maryland when you entered the U.S. military?
- Will you, now or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- In 1,000 words or less, discuss possible steps needed to ensure WSSC's asset management program plays a key role in our organization's overall strategic investment planning.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application