Geico Software Engineer in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/12261/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Information Technology at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/information-technology-opportunities-at-geico-176
The ALM Tools Team in GEICO’s Cloud Products and Services Group is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineer to support Azure DevOps tooling/processes, integration points and Git. Well-qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to coordinate efforts across functional areas.
• Support GEICO IT customer use of tooling capabilities (Azure Pipelines and related configuration management build/release activities, Azure Boards, Azure Repos, Azure Artifacts and Test Plans)
• Provide administrative support for GEICO's application teams through configuring team projects, troubleshooting user issues and advising on CICD capabilities and Git related issues
• Evaluate, provide recommendations, and enhance the existing Azure DevOps configuration, procedures and processes to provide a more robust, dependable, efficient and flexible system.
• Implement automated processes to support streamlining of engineering/administrative duties using PowerShell against Azure DevOps APIs
• Develop and test integration of Azure DevOps with other systems, such as Remedy and Modern Requirements
• Ensure tools/environments are leveraging security configuration correctly. Proactively govern security and enforce policies.
• Provide support for migration efforts to Azure DevOps and integration with other products.
• Manage expansion of capabilities and features in Azure DevOps and roll out to users.
• Assist with CICD maturity development across IT.
• Resolve issues and provide support for Azure DevOps customers on security, Git and other issues.
• 5+ years experience in application development configuration management processes (repos/build/release)
• Intermediate PowerShell scripting capabilities and Git
• Knowledge of Windows Server administration and Active Directory (2012+)
• Intermediate skills with XML, JSON, REST OData
• Working knowledge of the .Net framework and supporting technologies.
• Understanding of Network administration, Load Balancing, Firewall rules, and other technologies associated with managing production systems is a plus
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. Currently, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
As a full-time Bilingual Customer Service Representative, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.