Enterprise Community Parnters Sr Human Resources Business Partner in Columbia, Maryland
Collectively, the Enterprise family of companies makes up a proven and powerful national social enterprise that improves communities and people’s lives by investing in well-designed homes that are affordable. We reinvest our earnings directly back into building opportunity by bringing together the nationwide know-how, partners, policy leadership and investments to multiply the impact of local affordable housing development. Over more than 35 years, Enterprise has created 585,000 homes, invested more than $43 billion and touched millions of lives.
Reporting to the Sr Director, Human Resources, the Sr Human Resources Business Partner will effectively partner with its business clients to provide timely, strategic solutions to meet the evolving employment landscape. S/he will be will function collaboratively with all levels within the organization and will appropriately manage employment risk. The Sr Human Resources Business Partner will:
- Provide advanced HR business partnership to build strong internal client relationships, understand internal client businesses and implement people strategy, delivering excellent service to employees at all levels.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provide direct coaching, counseling, and guidance on complex employee relations matters.
- Analyze trends, metrics, and patterns to develop solutions, programs and policies- in partnership with leadership and HR team members, and ensure consistent approaches to policy, procedure, and HR guidance to the organization.
- Maintain in-depth, advanced knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department, outside counsel, and HR team members when necessary.
- Identify, recommend, implement, and facilitate talent development solutions for all levels of Enterprise employees. Participate in and lead teams, focus groups, and work groups to ensure effective design, delivery, and evaluation of talent management programs.
- Assist with and lead talent development projects, career development ladders, job rotation programs, succession planning, employee on-boarding, and other HR programs. Design, develop, and facilitate training programs and partner with talent management team on larger initiatives.
- Utilize behavioral assessment tools, 360’s and other methods to provide developmental feedback.
- Strategically accomplish objectives and work both “behind the scenes” and “out in front” when appropriate. S/he will be viewed as a strong internal collaborator.
- Identify, lead, and actively participate in HR and organizational projects.
- Be a vocal and visible champion of the company culture and values.
The ideal candidate will bring a range of experience and attributes to Enterprise:
- Bachelor’s degree required. S/PHR certification preferred.
- 10+ years progressive experience in HR roles, preferably in an organization of comparable size and complexity. Preference for experience in financial services, real estate, social investment industries. Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced business acumen, a strategic mindset and a collaborative approach as a human resources service provider.
- Experience in project management, organizational and analytical skills. Demonstrates attention to detail and “hands on” approach.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, HRIS, organizational development, talent management, business partnering, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, and performance management.
- Strong change management acumen and the ability to participate with multifaceted change projects with successful outcomes, including demonstrated ability to maximize people, processes, and practices.
- Excellent consulting and client management skills.
- Strong conflict management, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- S/he will be a self-starter who takes initiative and is astute at identifying opportunities. S/he must have a strong results-orientation and demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including program facilitation skills.
- Experience with behavioral assessments (MBTI, DiSC, etc) and ability to utilize for coaching and team development programs.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Skill in managing multiple business relationships and priorities in multiple locations.
- Flexibility to interact with employees at all levels and to adjust approach for success.
- Strategic planning acumen with sound technical skills, attention to detail, analytical ability, solid judgment and a strong business focus.
- Proficiency with MS Office—Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must have thorough knowledge of employment and all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements and labor laws;
- A proven track record in working well in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to collaborate and multitask.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
Department: Human Resources
Location: Columbia, MD
Entity: Enterprise Community Investment, Inc.