Jacobs System Engineer in Columbia, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work onsite in either Columbia or Hanover, MD.
Duties will include:
• Engineer, install, configure and integrate new multifactor authentication solutions in the enterprise environment.
• Use COTS technologies to provide multifactor authentication solutions.
• Deploy solutions into the enterprise. Maintain and provide daily operation of enterprise system.
• Manage outage process for systems, upgrade COTS software, install security patches and monitor systems to ensure availability.
• Provide engineering, analysis and evaluation of enterprise system.
• Provide input into System Security Plans and Authorization.
• Perform tasks using the Linux OS environment, McAfee Endpoint, VMWare vCenter.
• Perform tasks involving LDAP and LDAP tools such as Active Directory.
• Perform IA engineering and hands-on System Administration of complex distributed systems.
• Perform backend infrastructure operation and maintenance for large scale systems to include but not limited to backups and system monitoring.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in software engineering development, software testing, and software documentation.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering; Computer Science; or a related field may be substituted for 4 years of experience.
• Must have at least one DoD 8570 IAT level II certification
• Operating environment/system: Linux Server (RHEL, CentOS, Suse), Windows Desktop/Laptop, Server Certificates, McAfee Endpoint, VMware vCenter (Virtual Machines)
• Knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory, and how to configure and implement Active Directory GPO
• An understanding of Network Time Protocol (NTP), Domain Name System, SSHD, TLS, SNMP,
• Installation and deployment of various software on a large scale
• Experience with backend infrastructure services to include establishing processes for testing patches and system enhancements through various environments.
• Knowledge or understanding of software development components like Application Programming Interface (API)
• Experience with System integration tying end user components and server components together
• Experience with creating Standard Operating Procedures, documenting processes on day-to-day functions in support of end user activities
• Experience with system hardening or the implementation of security components for monitoring, compliance, and auditing
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.