Allegany College of Maryland Testing Proctor in Cumberland, Maryland
Testing Proctor Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with your application.
Position Title Testing Proctor
Position Status Part Time
Hours varies depending on activities
Reports To Testing Services Coordinator
High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience with computerized testing and testing environments is preferred.
Basic Statement of Responsibilities
Test proctors are responsible for all aspects of the administration of standardized and other tests including ensuring the integrity and security of all tests and the testing environment, processing test-takers, test administration, and uploading or recording results. Duties may include technical troubleshooting with ACM’s Helpdesk and/or technical support from the testing vendor.
The Testing Proctor posting is an open application. Applications will be accepted throughout the year and qualified applicants will be contacted as needed, based on testing schedules.
Education, Experience, and Specialized Skills
Experience with computerized testing and testing environments is preferred.
Certification for specific standardized tests will be provided.
Proctors report to the Testing Services Coordinator.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Performs steps necessary to set up tests and the testing environment prior to actual testing.
- Uses appropriate intake procedures to verify identification and security of test-takers to ensure test integrity and site safety and the initial administration of standardized test.
- Operates testing platforms and software and troubleshoots when necessary. Performs test monitoring/proctoring requiring constant attendance and observation while maintaining a quiet, distraction free environment, test confidentiality, and academic integrity.
- Uploads or files test results and/or secures testing materials and supplies troubleshooting when necessary.
- Returns and/or secures testing materials and supplies and reestablishes site for normal classroom testing use.
- Maintains appropriate testing certifications.
Performs any related tasks requested by Testing Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Preferred knowledge of and experience with standardized testing and testing environments. Must become certified for specific standardized tests as demand warrants. Must have good communications, computer skills, and the ability to pay attention to detail. Must be able to manage difficult customers and troubleshoot individual problems within a quiet group environment. Must follow specific procedures and policies of each form of standardized testing.
Most of the job is sedentary. Occasional periods of light work may be required.
Physical Effort Required
Other physical requirements include: • Oral and written communication, the ability to receive, understand and communicate verbal and written instruction and communicate in the English language • Visual acuity appropriate for a normal clerical-type position • Hearing • Mental Acuity • Fingering • Grasping • Speaking • Talking • Repetitive Motion
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Allegany College of Maryland is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to its faculty, staff, and job applicants through non-discrimination in its employment practices including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotional opportunities, compensation, discipline, and termination. The college complies with all applicable equal opportunity requirements and county, state, and federal law regarding provision of equal employment opportunity.
Job Type Staff
Posting Number AS166P
Desired Start Date
Position End Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with your application.