Robert Half International Warehouse Supervisor (2nd Shift) in Curtis Bay, Maryland
Robert Half's Accounting Operation Division is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to work second shift for a growing manufacturing/distribution organization in MD.
In partnership with the Distribution Center Management Team and Production Planning Team, the Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for managing warehouse staff while overseeing all aspects of the distribution process from logistics, shipping, receiving, inventory management (consolidation, cycle counts), picking, packing, labeling, and returns.
• Oversee the daily activity, planning, scheduling, and prioritization of department operations while troubleshooting and resolving any distribution issues that may arise
• Manage, maintain, and prioritize employee workflow to ensure accountability in achieving operational goals
• Maintain a high level of communication regarding operational directives and initiatives
• Manage, develop, and train Warehouse Associates and Team Leads
• Evaluate employee performance daily and proactively counsel or provide feedback in a professional and effective manner
• Document all performance evaluations, issues, and action plans in conjunction with HR
• Ensure policies and procedures are being followed and adhered to at all times in order to promote a safe and secure environment
• Provide the highest level of customer service and achieve best possible central processing unit
• Continuously identify, evaluate, and drive improvement projects to create operational efficiencies and streamlined processes
• Develop strong working relationship with cross-functional departments, employees, and management within the organization
• Additional tasks or projects as assigned
• 3-5 years’ of manufacturing/distribution supervisory experience within areas of warehouse operations, shipping, receiving, and logistics
• Experience coming from large scale operations and high volume, fast paced environments
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability effectively motivating and managing large teams
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience using AS400 or Microsoft Dynamics (D365) is a plus
• Strong proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Critical thinker able to proactively problem solve and drive solutions
• Strategic with the confidence to bring new ideas to the table and implement operational efficiencies
• Strong business acumen, level of professionalism, and communication/interpersonal skills
• Adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and change directions quickly
• Ability to work the required hours and pass a background check and drug screen
This position will operate 100% on site during second shift operations which includes hours of 1:30-9:30pm M-F & rotational Saturdays from 7-3pm.
Qualified candidates should apply or email their resume to Brittany Clark.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Curtis Bay, MD
Date Posted: December 23, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02000-0011344029
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance