Lowe's Regional Pro Sales Director in Easton, Maryland
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a highly effective sales team while having direct customer involvement and influence. Partner with Regional and local store operations leaders to ensure stores are running, effectively and efficiently, Lowe\'s pro strategy. Lead regional pro effort to implement and drive Lowe\'s pro strategy. Responsibility for driving a significant portion of Lowe\'s overall revenue within the region.
• Drives consistent year-over-year sales growth, seeking opportunities to expand the influence of Lowe\'s Pro Sales to capitalize on market and region opportunities by leading a team of Pro Sales Managers through coaching, teaching and developing functional selling skills.
• Working directly with District Managers to effectively execute the Pro Sales strategy and drive consistent Pro operational standards throughout the region.
• Responsible for implementing the Company Sponsored pro strategy at the regional level and ensure that the strategy standards and disciplines are maintained throughout the region.
• Delivers sales results in line with company and pro specific goals by utilizing all relevant Lowe’s Pro Channels.
• Responsible for delivering the pro dollar penetration, roughly 30% of total regional sales, for each region.
• Analyzes trends in data around the business and people/productivity performance to make changes that will positively impact business results.
• Conducts structured sales training for new and existing sales team members from their area of responsibility and from other departments in the company.
• Develops partnerships across multiple departments at Lowe\'s as well as with external vendors and service providers in order to develop strategies and programs that allow Pro Sales to meet the needs of the customer and drive profitable growth.
• Responsible for continuing to build Lowe’s inward and external facing Pro culture.
• Serves as the spokesperson for the Pro Sales function during district, regional and divisional internal meetings and externally presenting at tradeshows, national conferences and national association meetings.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of business-to-business sales and is a subject-matter expert in regards to the pro custom and conducts in depth research to determine new pro trends and key pro customers to focus on.
• Communicates with Divisional Pro Director on performance, action plans and industry trends.
• Supports Regional Vice President to ensure a consistently high level of customer service for Pro customers by providing an overview of action items to better execute the Pro strategy.
• Identifies GAPS in execution and sales opportunities through report analysis, Pro customer visits, Pro observation, store visits, and other feedback channels to create specific plans of actions for District Managers (DM) and Regional Vice Presidents (RVPs).
• Conducts regular store visits to Identify opportunities with customer service, in-stock position and safe & clean stores as it relates to the needs of the Pro customers. Provides feedback to store operations team of most effective ways to execute strong sales growth with Lowe’s pro customers.
• Travels both independently and with other Lowe’s regional and corporate team members, working to assess and improve sales and profitability levels.
• Bachelor\'s degree in Business Administration, Management, or 10 years’ experience in retail; 5 years of experience in business-to-business sales; 5 years of leadership experience
• 10+ years’ experience in retail
• 5+ years experience in business-to-business sales
• 5+ years of leadership experience
• Experience incorporating e-commerce into sales strategy; experience identifying and building plans in response to emerging consumer trends; experience working in home improvement retail; business-to-business experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.