Aerotek Quality Engineer Needed ASAP in Edgewood, Maryland
Provides support to manufacturing personnel by ensuring all customer and regulatory requirements are flowed to shop floor work instructions and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reviews and interprets design documents for compliance with stated requirements, including purchase orders, engineering models, customer specifications, and other technical documentation.
• Works with cross-functional team to analyze and resolve product nonconformances, ensuring elimination of root cause to prevent recurrence.
• Reviews and approves engineering process sheets including part travelers, sketches, and NC probe sheets.
• Creates and maintains shop floor instructions and data collection documents to facilitate the inspection process.
• Designs and oversees inspection tools / methods to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Facilitates completion of First Article Inspections, working with Engineering and Production personnel to accomplish per AS9102.
• Documents data obtained during quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Recommend that candidate be knowledgeable of CATIA V 5 and/or V 6. Must be knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office programs.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.