Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II- CTJ in Elkridge, Maryland
Azure Compute is the core of Microsoft’s cloud platform, and our rapid, continued growth is testament the transformative impact that cloud computing has on the way we work and live our daily lives. The Azure Compute Foundations team is responsible for ensuring that the core building blocks of Azure Compute continue to deliver excellence to our partners within Microsoft’s Air Gapped Cloud environments. With positions in Batch, Container Instances, Service Fabric, and Virtual Machines we build the fault tolerant distributed systems that are transforming traditional infrastructure and revolutionizing how our customers solve their toughest computing problems.
On the Foundations team, we are tasked with delivering reliable innovation on the cutting edge of the secure cloud computing space:
· Adapting industry-leading software to operate in secure air gapped environments
· Recognizing challenges and developing innovative software, tools, and automation to meet unique needs
· Deploying and operating foundational Azure services in air gapped clouds
· Improving infrastructure to increase efficiencies in new challenging concepts of operation
· Contributing to and exercising continuity of business and disaster recovery plans
· On-call support rotation commitment to support customer experience
A successful candidate will have:
· BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience)
· 2+ years of software development or DevOps experience using C#, Java, C++, or C
· Demonstrated problem solving, coding and debugging skills
· Strong understanding of networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, and certificates
· Drive for learning new skills and technologies through fresh challenges
· Strong background in automation and scripting of management tasks with bash, python, powershell, etc
· Experience with globally distributed systems and/or microservice architectures including familiarity with tracing and telemetry
· Comfort with Linux, docker, containerd, and/or Kubernetes is a plus
· Experience with commercial cloud operations, ARM templates, and Active directory is also highly valued
· Good written and oral communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.