IPSecure, Inc. Software Engineer Level 1 in Fort Meade, Maryland
*Software Engineer I - TS/SCI w/Poly Required! *
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
At IPSecure, you’ll shape the future of Cybersecurity by building the technology to tackle the toughest challenges and stay ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile and growing company that makes a direct impact in the cyber fight against cyber criminals, IPSecure is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a Top Place to work.
While you will be given lots of room to learn and grow, here are the starting requirements:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects (U) Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- We offer competitive benefit plans for medical, dental and vision.
- Paid Time Off Accrued.
- Educational Assistant Program.
- Supplemental Insurance.
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave.
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution match.
IPSecure is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Position: Software Engineer Level 1
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Job Id: 387
# of Openings: 1