IPSecure, Inc. System Engineer 3 - SS in Fort Meade, Maryland
System Engineer 3 – TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Required!!!! Located at Ft. Meade, Maryland
Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288
At IPSecure, you’ll shape the future of Cybersecurity by building the technology to tackle the toughest challenges and stay ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile and growing company that makes a direct impact in the cyber fight against cyber criminals, IPSecure is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a Top Place to Work.
While you will be given lots of room to learn and grow, here are the starting requirements:
- Active TS/SCI Full Scope Poly – government clearance
- Minimum of 14 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or an IT specialty or technical area.
- Documented contributions and demonstrated capabilities in professional engineering disciplines. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux computing environment
- Experience with DoD Certification and Accreditation process plans and procedures to include system categorization and the implementation of system security controls
- Experience with DoDAF enterprise architecture development
- Experience in developing enterprise Architecture models with MS Visio and MS Office
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
- Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- We offer competitive benefit plans for medical, dental and vision.
- Paid Time Off Accrued.
- Educational Assistant Program.
- Supplemental Insurance.
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave.
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution match.
IPSecure is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Position: System Engineer 3 - SS
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Job Id: 338
# of Openings: 1