Latitude, Inc. Design Engineer in frederick, Maryland
Specifically this position will:
- Make operation sheets, drawings, and sketches for Manufacturing.
- Design complete fixturing solutions for the manufacturing process.
- Detail fixtures including component drawings, assembly drawings and bill of material lists.
- Plan manufacturing process and create routings for designed components.
- Requisition material, hardware and special services needed for designed components.
- Provide 3D models and machine setup sheets for Programming.
- Assist Sales/Estimating with customer supplied 3D content and fixturing theory.
- Assist maintenance department with equipment repair design.
- Create and maintain 3D simulations of machines and their capabilities.
- Maintain departmental electronic content, design library and job folders.
- Keep abreast of hardware and software upgrades and push system development.
- Stay current with modern manufacturing and fixturing techniques.
- Maintain a professional and personable relationship with superiors, peers and subordinates, being responsive to their needs, as well as those of the company
- Perform other duties or functions as requested by the Manager and/or Supervisor of Engineering
- Must have the ability to move freely among the shop floor including accessing machine platforms
- Strong math skills.
- Machining experience or a comprehensive knowledge of machine operation and fixturing techniques.
- Fundamental knowledge of blueprint interpretation and Geometric Tolerance & Dimensioning.
- Basic knowledge of materials and stress calculation.
- Previous C.A.D. (Computer Aided Design) experience or highly proficient with computers and software.