Honeywell Electrical Engineer I in Frederick, Maryland
Use your knowledge of electrical and mechatronics engineering to help Honeywell deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work under project leads and assist them in design, commissioning, testing and customer support of Tilt Tray and Cross belt Sortation machines. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of engineering projects and programs. You will be part of a dynamic group, with extensive material handling expertise.
· Participate in design, commissioning, testing, and customer support of Tilt Tray and Cross belt sortation machines.
· Coordinate with different engineering departments during various project execution stages
· Perform design and specification reviews with project leads and various engineering departments.
· Calculate Full Load Amperage of the system
· Research electrical components to help lead engineers design new parts
· Generate AutoCAD layout, schematic, single line diagram drawings as per product design and electrical standards
· Generate interdisciplinary documents such as cables list, and Input/output list
· Order parts through ordering system as per design
· Coordinate with manufacturing to track on time delivery of parts.
· Coordinate with installations group to maintain project deadlines
· Provide daily site progress reports to the project teams
· Participate in commissioning overlap with other departments
· Complete tasks on time to maintain project timelines and budget
· Provide remote support, and troubleshoot issues on site when needed
· Communicate task level information
· Follow Honeywell, and customer code of conduct.
· Participate in post commissioning support to customers
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
· Good AutoCAD Electrical skills
· Electrical panel design experience
· Knowledge of Electrical standards and specifications (UL, NFPA)
· Knowledge of Electrical panel SCCR (Short circuit current rating)
· Knowledge of VFD, and Linear Synchronous Motors
· Good knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, and Controls engineering.
· Must be willing to invest long hours at customer sites
· Must be able and willing to work in a team environment
· Good practical knowledge and experience of Microsoft office. Especially Excel, Word and Teams
· Able and willing to travel 70%+ of the time
· Must be able to adapt and keep up with fast changing situations.
· Basic PLC knowledge
· Good leadership skills
· Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
· Capability of following guidelines and ensuring efficiency on given project tasks
· Application of basic engineering techniques to optimize design of products, parts, systems or processes
· Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
· Experience in material handling industry.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.