Staff Management | SMX Piper Position in Frederick, Maryland
With Staff Management | SMX, you'll get a weekly paycheck, learn new skills, meet new people, and work with a great management team in a clean and safe environment.
Our client in the Fredrick, MD area is hiring a Piper. This position will learn the process of assembly and installation of pipes in units by performing duties in reasonable and productive frame.
Duties: - Ability to use acetylene and oxygen torch set. - Read and interpret documents such as a layout drawing, bills of material, piping diagrams. - Use of appropriate PPE (e.g., Infrared-filtering safety glasses, flame-resistant gloves, sleeves, and shirt). - Train and work in multiple types of manufacturing positions (i.e. assembly, paint, wire and weld). - Other duties as assigned.
Employment Types: Full Time.
Work Location: Stulz, 1572 Tilco Dr., Frederick, MD 21704.
Job Types: General Warehouse, Light Industrial, Warehouse.
Shifts: 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.
Attributes: Background Check, Drug Test.
Benefits: Casual Dress Code.
Education Required: HS Diploma or GED.
Starting Wage: $15.00.
Pay Rate: $15 to $16 per hour.
- High School Diploma or GED, or a combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years experience
- Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/8th inch.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to use hand tools.
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe with a Hydraulic Pipe Bender and manual bender tool.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings; including iron, steel, copper and plastic.
SM | SMX is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, age, gender identification, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.