Sheppard Pratt Health System PROPERTY MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN in Frederick, Maryland
Summary: The Property Maintenance Residential Technician position involves assuming responsibility for the smooth operation of assigned commercial and/or housing sites. This individual is expected, through training and experience, to exercise independent judgment with supervision by the Property Maintenance Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate and maintain a work van and drive to locations as needed in order to service properties in multiple counties.
- Ability to perform individual assessment, planning and implementation in both structured and unstructured settings.
- Ability to balance the needs of an individual member with the needs of others.
- Ability to communicate Way Station's mission to the community through daily interactions with neighbors, landlords, businesspeople, etc.
- Interest in working with persons with serious mental illness.
- Ability to assess residential environments for health, safety, security, organization and home-like atmosphere.
- Ability to maintain boundaries and to take corrective action when needed.
- Willingness and ability to examine one's own behavior, feelings and attitudes to facilitate a productive relationship with consumers, providers, administrators and citizens throughout.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in the management and organization of job activities.
- Basic data entry skills.
- Knowledge of repair methodology and ability to establish priority of approach.
- Ability to assess variety of work requests, and establish priority for attention.
- Ability to repair and maintain mechanical equipment.
- Experience in building & home maintenance, and grounds keeping.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Valid full driver's license and safe driving record, with minimal infractions. Driver's license cannot be provisional status.